Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I unlink my spotify from an old playstation account, which i don't know the login of?

How can I unlink my spotify from an old playstation account, which i don't know the login of?

Dear community

A few years ago I linked my Spotify to a PlayStation account on a PS3 of a friend. Here I didn't think about the fact that I had to disconnect it. Many years later I had bought a PS4. Here I tried to connect my Spotify again, without success. I get the message that I first have to disconnect my Spotify with the previous account. Here is the problem that both I and my friend don't know the credentials of this old account anymore.

Every time I try to connect my Spotify with Playstation, I get the following error: 

Your account on Playstation Network or your Spotify account is already linked to another account. Unsubscribe and try with another account.

I've contacted Sony about this problem. They couldn't solve it. They couldn't find a link anywhere between Spotify & PlayStation network. I tried to give all the email addresses I know, without success.

Can Spotify remotely disconnect all partners from my Spotify account? Or is this not possible?

PSN.JPG
3 Replies

Hey there @Hakim11!

Thanks for reaching out to us here.

We're afraid that currently it's not possible to unlink your accounts from Spotify's end.

We understand that you've reached out to Sony, but we'd recommend checking back with them on this. You can reach the PlayStation support team vie the @AskPlayStation account on Twitter or via the PlayStation support site.

They should be able to remove the link between the old PlayStation account and your Spotify account.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be here if you have any further questions.

Take care!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Dear Elena,

I had a contact with them, they can't find my spotify account back. If they
say that they can't fix this, and you say you can't fix this. Who can I go
to then?

Br
Hakim

Thanks for the quick reply @Hakim11!

If they the Playstation team are not able to help you solve this, we could recommend following these steps to create a new Spotify account.

You should be able to copy all of your playlists and songs to the new account and link the new account to your PS4 account.

Hope this info helps!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts