How do I import Itunes playlists

How do I import Itunes playlists

Enno

Hi,

I'm new at Spotify and i cant import my playlists from Itunes into Spotify. When i click *File -> Import Playlist -> Itunes* nothing happens.

Please help me

Greetings Enno

43 Replies

Re: How do I import Itunes playlists

jairosk8
Music Fan

Try following this https://support.spotify.com/uk/using_spotify/playlists/import-playlists-from-itunes/

Import playlists from iTunes

You can import your iTunes playlists to Spotify easily:

First, make sure your playlists have been shared from iTunes. To do this:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Head to Preferences.
  3. Select Advanced.
  4. Tick Share iTunes Library XML with other applications.

Then, open Spotify and import your playlists:

1. Click on File in the menu bar.
  2. Select Import Playlists from the drop-down menu.
  3. Click iTunes.

Now you’ll see all your iTunes playlists added in a playlist folder called iTunes.

Note: Spotify supports .mp3, .mp4, and .m4p files. If QuickTime is installed on your computer then .m4a files are also supported. We’ll do our best to match any unsupported local files with songs from the Spotify catalog.

teej87
Regular

Done all of that naturally, the Spotify program doesn't work with importing playlists from any media players it lists, just does nothing everytime, I tried it with itunes open and closed, restarted pc, checked for updates, reinstalled itunes, reinstalled spotify, no luck, simple feature to have broken more than it works.

tukker44

Same here, no iTunes folder is created...

brumme

+1 - still doesn't work

jiguma

I get the iTunes folder with only two of my iTunes playlists - one of which contains songs that I don't know.  Very frustrating!

Neil

michaelrupp
Gig Goer

Have a look at this tool: iTunes2Spotify: http://itunes2spotify.mrupp.ch

It worked great for me, you can import your iTunes playlists to spotify and there are quite some options for finetuning like comparing the durations if multiple tracks are found. If a track cannot be found, you're able to do a manual search, etc...

Check it out!

FPSP

What about an alternative for Mac users?

dustin91
Casual Listener

I keep my iTunes folder (and therefore the Playlist) on an external drive. Maybe Spotify is only looking in the default location?

fredbram1
Casual Listener

The problem, I believe, is that Spotify won't import smart playlists from iTunes.

SUGGESTED POSTS