How do I import Itunes playlists

How do I import Itunes playlists

Enno

Hi,

I'm new at Spotify and i cant import my playlists from Itunes into Spotify. When i click *File -> Import Playlist -> Itunes* nothing happens.

Please help me

Greetings Enno

pmbbd

I just used the Soundiiz (www.soundiiz.com) solution and it worked very well. It's all online and was very efficient. High recommend giving it a try. 

ytbctb
Music Fan

After you export your itunes music to XML you can use a new service I developed - https://www.tunemymusic.com/XML-to-Spotify.php

38 Replies

uuuyou

Do you do this?
Click the Menu icon in the upper left corner of iTunes windown, then click Show Menu Bar, just press Ctrl + B. Then import the file/library/import list.

MariaSmith23
Casual Listener

You could use MusConv.com tool 🙂

pmbbd

I just used the Soundiiz (www.soundiiz.com) solution and it worked very well. It's all online and was very efficient. High recommend giving it a try. 

Vidya46
Casual Listener

I gave up and bought an aries mini from auralic..amazing app...wonderful clarity and weight of instruments..i don't miss my playlists any more

Connect to tidal quboz within app and with spotify connect..

creevz
Casual Listener

Possible solution for Mac? Basically, just create a new playlist in Spotify, and drag the songs from the old playlist into the new one. 

Setup / Prerequistes:

-Spotify on Mac can see iTunes Library. 

-The iTunes playlist folder in Spotify Mac looks good. I can play local copies.

-The same playlist on Spotify iPhone is blank. The songs did not copy to Spotify cloud. 

Solution: (worked for me) 

1) Create a new playlist in Spotify Mac. Probably outside the iTunes playlist folderin Spotify. 

2) Navigate to the playlist in the iTunes playlist folder. 

3) Select all songs in that playlist

4) Drag them to the new playlist you just created.

5) Search Spotify for any unmatched songs, add them to the new playlist.  

6) Wait for Spotify iPhone to get new playlist from cloud. (instant or a couple min.)  

7) (optional) Remove old playlist from iTunes folder in Spotify Mac. 

😎 Eat donut to celebrate. (also optional) 

tgrin1

Thanks for this - it has worked for me in the past but not today.  Wondering if it is the format as the items I'm trying to drag into new Spotify playlist are AAC....?  MPEG files are not dragging over either.  Any ideas on this?

Roger_Vee

If you guys haven't tried MusConv.com tool I suggest you guys give it a try it works perfectly.

ytbctb
Music Fan

After you export your itunes music to XML you can use a new service I developed - https://www.tunemymusic.com/XML-to-Spotify.php

e-9k8n03_mv5b

Same situation... Finding a walk around to import AND evaluating the use of Google Play Music

nvrdemo
Casual Listener

this is only an option for Windows not Macintosh

mrichey55
Regular

Same here, it's a windows app and I see no option for a Mac download.

gdyer911
Casual Listener

iTunes2Spotify worked Great for me. Really...for a small fee you can save hours of time. - Thanks Michael. 

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey. Anyone figure out how to mirror itunes music on Spotify?  I know not all songs are on Spotify but the ones that are. 

I have Mac. 

ed1crouch
Casual Listener
I am using a Mac.

ed1crouch
Casual Listener

I've done it!!!!!!

Right here goes....bit long winded but it will work!

1) Make a copy of the songs (your playlist) in a seperate folder on the desktop by simply copy/paste from itunes into a "New Folder"....Name it whatever you like...

2) On Spotify go to Preferences/Settings and scroll down to "ADD A SOURCE"

3) A window should open to ask you which file/folder you want to add to spotify. Choose the "New Folder" that contians all the songs from your playlist and click "Open"

4) The "New Folder" should be on the list of sources that Spotify is looking at. Untick every other source on the list - Don't worry, you're not deleting anything, simply covering it from view. Once we're done you can re-tick everything and it'll appear again

5) Still in spotify...Open a blank Playlist (Probably File then New Playlist?) and name it.

6) Still in Spotify....go to "Your Library" and then Local files. You should see all the Songs on there from your "New Folder".  Select them all with Cmd-A (or for you dirty Windows people CTRL-A), go to your new playlist that you've just named and paste them into it! Done!

Remember to re-tick all the sources again once you're done!!!!

LouisWang

The perfect tool to migrate playlist is MusConv, give it a try and enjoy all your playlist, give it a try here musconv.com

leilasadeghee

Oh my goodness, this worked. AND now I've tried to do it again - and the source won't show up in local files now. OY VEY.

Thanks though, last week it was great! x

aqds-b_sdrsaa

Each step of this worked for me, until I got to the last part, "paste." Paste where???

scolacur
Casual Listener

The only issue with this is that as soon as I delete that folder, Spotify can no longer locate the songs. I don't want to have to store duplicates of all my music. Really wish they hadn't gotten rid of this feature.

Wimmen

Your method seems to work indeed.. problems I encountered: (i)it goes extremely slow using the app on my imac, (ii)it would be so much easier if spotify would just import the existing itunes playlists and (iii)my playlist contained more than 1000 songs, when trying to use it as the basis of a 'radio', it didn't work.. I don't seem to find an easy way to create a radio which is a bit varied - all radios are one-dimensional, per artist or genre and I just like mixing..

SUGGESTED POSTS