Same situation... Finding a walk around to import AND evaluating the use of Google Play Music
Oh my goodness, this worked. AND now I've tried to do it again - and the source won't show up in local files now. OY VEY.
Thanks though, last week it was great! x
The perfect tool to migrate playlist is MusConv, give it a try and enjoy all your playlist, give it a try here musconv.com
Hey. Anyone figure out how to mirror itunes music on Spotify? I know not all songs are on Spotify but the ones that are.
I have Mac.
Use the slider in preferences for iTunes
After you export your itunes music to XML you can use a new service I developed - https://www.tunemymusic.com/XML-to-Spotify.php
If you guys haven't tried MusConv.com tool I suggest you guys give it a try it works perfectly.
Possible solution for Mac? Basically, just create a new playlist in Spotify, and drag the songs from the old playlist into the new one.
Setup / Prerequistes:
-Spotify on Mac can see iTunes Library.
-The iTunes playlist folder in Spotify Mac looks good. I can play local copies.
-The same playlist on Spotify iPhone is blank. The songs did not copy to Spotify cloud.
Solution: (worked for me)
1) Create a new playlist in Spotify Mac. Probably outside the iTunes playlist folderin Spotify.
2) Navigate to the playlist in the iTunes playlist folder.
3) Select all songs in that playlist
4) Drag them to the new playlist you just created.
5) Search Spotify for any unmatched songs, add them to the new playlist.
6) Wait for Spotify iPhone to get new playlist from cloud. (instant or a couple min.)
7) (optional) Remove old playlist from iTunes folder in Spotify Mac.
😎 Eat donut to celebrate. (also optional)
Spotify instructions are (no longer?) accurate. No menu choice for importing iTunes, unless that is no longer allowed?
Is the "import playlist" menu item no longer available?