Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I import Itunes playlists

How do I import Itunes playlists

Hi,

I'm new at Spotify and i cant import my playlists from Itunes into Spotify. When i click *File -> Import Playlist -> Itunes* nothing happens.

Please help me

Greetings Enno

Top Answer
pmbbd

I just used the Soundiiz (www.soundiiz.com) solution and it worked very well. It's all online and was very efficient. High recommend giving it a try. 

Top Answer
ytbctb
Music Fan

After you export your itunes music to XML you can use a new service I developed - https://www.tunemymusic.com/XML-to-Spotify.php

38 Replies

Same situation... Finding a walk around to import AND evaluating the use of Google Play Music

Oh my goodness, this worked. AND now I've tried to do it again - and the source won't show up in local files now. OY VEY.

Thanks though, last week it was great! x

The perfect tool to migrate playlist is MusConv, give it a try and enjoy all your playlist, give it a try here musconv.com

Hey. Anyone figure out how to mirror itunes music on Spotify?  I know not all songs are on Spotify but the ones that are. 

I have Mac. 

Use the slider in preferences for iTunes

After you export your itunes music to XML you can use a new service I developed - https://www.tunemymusic.com/XML-to-Spotify.php

If you guys haven't tried MusConv.com tool I suggest you guys give it a try it works perfectly.

Possible solution for Mac? Basically, just create a new playlist in Spotify, and drag the songs from the old playlist into the new one. 

Setup / Prerequistes:

-Spotify on Mac can see iTunes Library. 

-The iTunes playlist folder in Spotify Mac looks good. I can play local copies.

-The same playlist on Spotify iPhone is blank. The songs did not copy to Spotify cloud. 

Solution: (worked for me) 

1) Create a new playlist in Spotify Mac. Probably outside the iTunes playlist folderin Spotify. 

2) Navigate to the playlist in the iTunes playlist folder. 

3) Select all songs in that playlist

4) Drag them to the new playlist you just created.

5) Search Spotify for any unmatched songs, add them to the new playlist.  

6) Wait for Spotify iPhone to get new playlist from cloud. (instant or a couple min.)  

7) (optional) Remove old playlist from iTunes folder in Spotify Mac. 

😎 Eat donut to celebrate. (also optional) 

Spotify instructions are (no longer?) accurate.  No menu choice for importing iTunes, unless that is no longer allowed?

Is the "import playlist" menu item no longer available?

Yes, it's gone. See
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Importing-iTunes-playlists/td-p/4392200

Also, I upgraded my Mac this morning and watched it disappear. Which, in
hindsight, was dumb. Oh well.

[image: Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 7.53.43 AM.png]

[image: Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 7.55.58 AM.png]

I just used the Soundiiz (www.soundiiz.com) solution and it worked very well. It's all online and was very efficient. High recommend giving it a try. 

I gave up and bought an aries mini from auralic..amazing app...wonderful clarity and weight of instruments..i don't miss my playlists any more

Connect to tidal quboz within app and with spotify connect..

You could use MusConv.com tool 🙂

iTunes2Spotify worked Great for me. Really...for a small fee you can save hours of time. - Thanks Michael. 

Thanks for this - it has worked for me in the past but not today.  Wondering if it is the format as the items I'm trying to drag into new Spotify playlist are AAC....?  MPEG files are not dragging over either.  Any ideas on this?

My Spotify to Mac does not show the option "import" under File tab...

Hello,

I tried to install your app on my old MacBook, and even after installing the Mono framework I receive this message.

"Impossible to open the following disk images

iTunes2Spotify.dmg => no file system mountable"

I'm a bit old fashioned, as I run with :

Mac OS X 10.7.5

itunes 12.2.2.25

spotify 1.0.24.104.g92a22684

I'm very interested by your solution.

Does it work when you have your library on a folder on aNAS hard drive that goes through the WiFi?

Cheers

Do you do this?
Click the Menu icon in the upper left corner of iTunes windown, then click Show Menu Bar, just press Ctrl + B. Then import the file/library/import list.

Suggested posts