Possible solution for Mac? Basically, just create a new playlist in Spotify, and drag the songs from the old playlist into the new one.
Setup / Prerequistes:
-Spotify on Mac can see iTunes Library.
-The iTunes playlist folder in Spotify Mac looks good. I can play local copies.
-The same playlist on Spotify iPhone is blank. The songs did not copy to Spotify cloud.
Solution: (worked for me)
1) Create a new playlist in Spotify Mac. Probably outside the iTunes playlist folderin Spotify.
2) Navigate to the playlist in the iTunes playlist folder.
3) Select all songs in that playlist
4) Drag them to the new playlist you just created.
5) Search Spotify for any unmatched songs, add them to the new playlist.
6) Wait for Spotify iPhone to get new playlist from cloud. (instant or a couple min.)
7) (optional) Remove old playlist from iTunes folder in Spotify Mac.
8) Eat donut to celebrate. (also optional)
Spotify instructions are (no longer?) accurate. No menu choice for importing iTunes, unless that is no longer allowed?
Is the "import playlist" menu item no longer available?
I just used the Soundiiz (www.soundiiz.com) solution and it worked very well. It's all online and was very efficient. High recommend giving it a try.
I gave up and bought an aries mini from auralic..amazing app...wonderful clarity and weight of instruments..i don't miss my playlists any more
Connect to tidal quboz within app and with spotify connect..
You could use MusConv.com tool :)
iTunes2Spotify worked Great for me. Really...for a small fee you can save hours of time. - Thanks Michael.
Thanks for this - it has worked for me in the past but not today. Wondering if it is the format as the items I'm trying to drag into new Spotify playlist are AAC....? MPEG files are not dragging over either. Any ideas on this?
My Spotify to Mac does not show the option "import" under File tab...