Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I remove songs from "Your Top Songs 2017"

Solved!

How do I remove songs from "Your Top Songs 2017"

In general I really enjoy the "Your Top Songs" playlists however in 2017 my middle son was a picky eater. Every night at dinner for a month we would play Weird Al's Eat It on repeat and now this song is #3 on my list for the year. That same son also had a Harry Potter themed birthday party for which we used Spotify to provide ambiance. Is there a way I can remove these songs from that playlist? Is it possible to copy that playlist to a playlist I control so I can modify it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @safetytrick! 🙂

Unfortunately, the year end recap playlists that Spotify provides are not modifiable. =/ Mine was a little messed up last year too because I listened to too many local files that didn't count as an online stream, so my top songs were not entirely accurate vs. my local library. I definitely know better for this next coming recap. 😄

You could create a whole new playlist and copy over only the songs that you like/want. The only thing is you wouldn't know what should have been your preferred tracks minus your son's since they still counted as a top play.
Hope this helps and wish I had a better answer!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @safetytrick! 🙂

Unfortunately, the year end recap playlists that Spotify provides are not modifiable. =/ Mine was a little messed up last year too because I listened to too many local files that didn't count as an online stream, so my top songs were not entirely accurate vs. my local library. I definitely know better for this next coming recap. 😄

You could create a whole new playlist and copy over only the songs that you like/want. The only thing is you wouldn't know what should have been your preferred tracks minus your son's since they still counted as a top play.
Hope this helps and wish I had a better answer!

Silly, I really didn't want to add each item individually for the 90+ songs I wanted to keep. However selecting all with shift and right clicking on the list let me copy them all to on list where I could remove the junk. :headshake: Thank you.

No problem! Glad it worked out for you! 😄

Suggested posts