Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I stop songs from getting added to my playlist?

Solved!

How do I stop songs from getting added to my playlist?

Ever since I let Spotify automatically add Martin Garrix's song 'Ocean' to my playlist, new songs keep getting added to my playlist and appear at the top of the list, below Ocean(Ocean is at the top of the list of the playlist as Spotify auto added it there). Before Ocean was officially released on Spotify, I came across the sponsored Instagram Story to pre add the song into my playlist, and so I did. I was asked to follow 2 playlists, 'THIS IS: Martin Garrix' and 'STMPD RCRDS TOP 50' if I recall correctly, and then choose the playlist I wanted it added to. After the song was added and I was happy, occasionally 1 or 2 songs would be added, and I would only discover them if I clicked my playlist to see all the songs that were in the playlist. Is there anyway to prevent/stop this from happening? I unfollowed both the playlists and I'm still having this problem. And yes, I checked, and my playlist is not collaborative.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So I had the same problem until I scrolled far enough down on Martin Garrix's twitter and found the pre-save link and looked at the privacy policy. So here's what you need to do:

Go to Spotify.com and login.

Go to section "Apps" 

Go to "Martin Garrix &Khalid" and "Revoke access"

IllIhave the privacy policy linked in the attachments

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @lucabuca, welcome to the community!

There are a few reasons why this could be happening, so we need more info to help you out.

Please let us know what device this is happening on, if you're using Spotify Premium or Free, and if you've noticed any unknown devices available, or taking over while you use the account.

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp
Marked as solution

So I had the same problem until I scrolled far enough down on Martin Garrix's twitter and found the pre-save link and looked at the privacy policy. So here's what you need to do:

Go to Spotify.com and login.

Go to section "Apps" 

Go to "Martin Garrix &Khalid" and "Revoke access"

IllIhave the privacy policy linked in the attachments

Thank you so much! This really helped a lot. I appreciate the help and am VERY grateful.

Hey @lucabuca.

Thanks for the suggestion @leevi_seppanen!

I'm glad that it was able to sort out the problem luca was facing. Be sure to give us a shout if you ever need help again.

We're always here to help.

Suggested posts