Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I unlink my account from a PlayStation I don't have access to?!

How do I unlink my account from a PlayStation I don't have access to?!

Just tried to link my account to our PlayStation 4 and it says it can't be done because my account it already linked to another PlayStation account...

I don't recall linking it to another PlayStation before but, if I did, it would have been my ex husband's and I really don't want to have to contact him after 2 years to ask him to do me a favour! So does anyone know of a way that I might be able to resolve this?

Thank you!

Holly
3 Replies

The Spotify on PlayStation FAQs suggest there might be a way to kill the account link on the PlayStation side of things, but not being a PlayStation user I don't know what their account management settings look like though I would suggest that's a good place to look.

That same article also suggests looking at the PlayStation Music page for more details on unlinking, but as far as I can tell that page only contains instructions for creating the link, not killing it, but maybe you can see more while logged in.

In the meantime, the FAQs also suggest that you can use Spotify Connect as a workaround to listen to music on your PS4 without needing to link accounts.

Thank you! I can confirm that it works with Spotify connect so at least we've found a way around the issue.

Thanks for your help! 🙂

As a PS User, the link.playstationmusic.com is only usable if the user has access to the PS account. This cannot be used if the user does not have access. 

Suggested posts