Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do you delete songs from playlist without edit as an option?

How do you delete songs from playlist without edit as an option?

How do you delete songs from your playlist with an edit option?
5 Replies

Hey @lilpuffhead93!  Thanks for asking!  So deleting songs from playlists works a little differently across platforms.  For example, if you are using the Spotify mobile app, go to the playlist you want to edit and click the three little dots you see in the top corner of your screen and click "edit".  That should allow you to remove songs you don't want on the playlist.  If you are using the desktop application, then you can simply go into your playlist and right click on the song you want to remove.  A small window should pop up and it will give you the option to take the song off the playlist.  I hope this helps!  Please feel free to ask any other questions you have!

Hey! I'm using the Spotify app on a mobile device. I clicked on the three dots in the corner, but the option to edit isn't there. The only choices that show up are "Make Collaborative", "Share", and things like that.

Hmmm that's strange.  Let me ask you a few questions so I can try to figure out what the problem is.  What kind of phone are you using and what version of the Spotify app do you have? (You can check this by going into the settings menu in the app and clicking "about".  The version number should be the first thing that comes up).  Also, try deleting and reinstalling the application and see if the option to edit appears when you click the three dots.  Sometimes there are little bugs that can occur in the app and you just have to redownload.  Try this and let me know how it goes!

Hi,

I'm also interested to this point.

I posted a similar message related to the same topic here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Removing-songs-from-user-playlist/td-p/1655733

I'm using the iOS App and I'd like to have the same option to remove songs from playlists that I use on the Desktop version.

Thanks

Joe

I'm not sure what the exact version of the phone is at the moment. Spotify version is 8.4.0.539 armV7. My settings are not popping up and that area hasn't been fixed yet. I haven't tried uninstalling the app yet but I'm going to later today and tell you how it goes. Just wanted to give you a heads up on where I'm at because I've been gone!

Suggested posts