Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How is the Spotify App for Roku so bad?

Solved!

How is the Spotify App for Roku so bad?

Let's check off the train wreck here.

You can't just see a list of all of your songs and play them. They have to be in a Playlist to play them.

But when you click on a Playlist, it just says loading but never loads forcing you to restart Roku.

Then when you restart and Spotify decides it wants to load, the songs keep freezing and skipping like an old 90s CD.

Oh, and if you downloaded new songs and saved them to your playlist during that session, the next time you log on and go through the above **bleep** show. they will ALL be gone.

Honestly they should just pull this god awful app until they can get a halfway working product. But I wouldn't hold my breath as a quick Google search shows these same issues going back 4 years.

81 Replies

Just spoke to a rude customer rep named John M. His advice to me was to go purchase a Chromecast.

This guy actually had the nerve to suggest I go buy an app to use their app just because they have a lazy DEV team. He then said there were other options available and pointed to speaker systems. He all but said ROKU was dead and stated he’s been advised to push Google products. 

What a **bleep** and what a joke. With customer service that bad and a lazy DEV team, that’s one IPO I’ll be avoiding. 

2024 and the roku app is still garbage. So slow to navigate, glitchy. On a brand new tv too. Dont have this issue with tidal.

Suggested posts