Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How much does spotify support windows phone?

Solved!

How much does spotify support windows phone?

Need to know if spotify is FULLY supported by windows phone, I am getting a Nokia Lumia 930 soon and wanna know if you guys stepped up from your Symbian ditch?

By fully supported I mean;

All functions in the app is useable, working and up to date.

My old issue with spotify was with my Nokia N8 symbian OS when I wasnt allowed to update my local media to spotify.

But I want to make sure this time that all functions works properly, otherwise I would get really mad... And I really hate being mad. :< I am a big fan of Nokia since they never let me down. Cant say the same for spotify sadly.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Short answer is no. The situation on Windows Phone has improved a bit lately, but it still lags way behind the other platforms (no local file synching for example). 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Short answer is no. The situation on Windows Phone has improved a bit lately, but it still lags way behind the other platforms (no local file synching for example). 

Peter

unfortunately they don't seem to care about Windows Phone.

It would be great if Spotify could incorporate local file syncing and could automatically download saved albuns and songs (like it does for other OS).

I'm only continuing with premium if they change this (at which point I'll definitily be premium for a while)

Thank you this was all I wanted to know, local syncing was the problem with symbian too. I wont spend any more money in spotify I guess 🙂
They have become a pathetic Company of My belief.

No, definitely don't get Spotify for your 930 (excellent phone, by the way, I have the US version of it, the Lumia Icon).

I just cancelled Spotify after a month of using it on my phone. I have had premium years ago and use Free every day on my PC, and the service is great and the PC client is finally very good.. but the Windows Phone app is not worth it (though it is much better now than in the previous incarnation, they are definitely on the right track).

Since Spotify started the "Collections" thing, I saved all by music to there (much easier than playlists for an album listener like me), but the WP app doesn't support collections... which made it instantly really annoying to use for me. Add to that the fact that there is no free streaming radio on WP like on other platforms (though this isn't affecting Premium users), and I just didn't want to support them with my money until they treat us WP users equally.

Xbox Music, even though the new app for it in WP 8.1 is rather crappy, is still a better alternative on WP. And Nokia MixRadio gives you excellent streaming free mixes.

finally free streaming was added!

Still no Your Music though!

Peter

Well that answers the question I was coming to ask.

Have been looking for an alternative to Xbox Music. While I do love the Xbox Music service and app functionality in WP, their selection of music is growing smaller by the day.

Quite often an album I want is available on iTunes or Spotify but is nowhere to be seen on Xbox Music. More recently, albums I once had access to are now being pulled, a quick check on Spotify shows they are available here.

I started playing with the WP app the other day and instantly found it very difficult to keep track of a my music collection. There didn't seem to be anyway to add to anything other than a playlist. After talking to a work colleague he showed me the Your Music section on his iPhone and how easy it was to add albums/songs to it and make them available for offline use.

With this feature missing from the WP app it's hard to take Spotify seriously for the platform. Managing all your music through playlists and then having to switch the app into offline mode to sync data for offline use is not a very user friendly way of doing things. 

Considering the app just got updated I don't understand why such a core feature wasn't added.

Guess I will stick with Xbox Music for now and cancel my premium subscription before the trial period ends.

WP is not popular,so it is not on high priority at companies. I'm sorry!

Suggested posts