Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How much space will the offline files use on my WP8

Solved!

How much space will the offline files use on my WP8

Hi!

Sorry if this question has been asked before.
I just started to use Spotify on a Lumia 920 WP8 and noticed that it uses alot of spece on the phone. Is there a limit to how much space the offline files will use? I have not, and will not sync any playlist to the phone fore offline use, so this must be some kind of cache file or what?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there - welcome to the community of Spotify.

I hope you have great day.

I can help you with this issue.

Spotify for Windows Phone is designet to 96 kbps or 160 kbps streaming/downloading.

If you use 96 kbps quality: 0.72 MB per minute.

If you use 160 kbps quality: 1.2 MB per minute.

Remember, 320 kbps quality isn't available on Windows Phone. Download content using Wifi, this way you avoid possible charges for your 3G/4G mobile network. If you are not downloading Offline playlists, Spotify is still using some space to cache. This way it helps keep your Internet need down because some tracks are played from cache. Spotify will empty this cache eventually for tracks not played in a while. It never fullfill your memory card to full.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Anyone?

Marked as solution

Hey there - welcome to the community of Spotify.

I hope you have great day.

I can help you with this issue.

Spotify for Windows Phone is designet to 96 kbps or 160 kbps streaming/downloading.

If you use 96 kbps quality: 0.72 MB per minute.

If you use 160 kbps quality: 1.2 MB per minute.

Remember, 320 kbps quality isn't available on Windows Phone. Download content using Wifi, this way you avoid possible charges for your 3G/4G mobile network. If you are not downloading Offline playlists, Spotify is still using some space to cache. This way it helps keep your Internet need down because some tracks are played from cache. Spotify will empty this cache eventually for tracks not played in a while. It never fullfill your memory card to full.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts