Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

How to Remove Artist from Release Radar/Radio?

How to Remove Artist from Release Radar/Radio?

dasrot
Regular

How do you remove an artist from Release Radar?  I don't know how or why, but Drake always ends up on my playlists.  I don't believe I have ever "liked" or even played a Drake song on purpose, yet I always get Drake showing up.  How can I remove an artist from ever playing on a playlist again?  There is nothing worse than having 29 death metal songs in my Release Radar, then a random Drake song popping up to ruin my day.

4 Replies

Re: How to Remove Artist from Release Radar/Radio?

Hey @dasrot.

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can like and dislike songs in any of the playlists that are made for you. We recommend liking all your favorite Death Metal tracks and disliking Drake whenever he pops up. That way we can learn more about your personal taste and improve the playlists which we tailor for you :)

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

dasrot
Regular

@Guido wrote:

Hey @dasrot.

Thanks for getting in touch!

You can like and dislike songs in any of the playlists that are made for you. We recommend liking all your favorite Death Metal tracks and disliking Drake whenever he pops up. That way we can learn more about your personal taste and improve the playlists which we tailor for you :)

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

@Guido, there does not appear to be any "like" or "dislike" buttons available on the web browser for the playlists mentioned.

Hey @dasrot.

Thanks for getting back to us.

The like/dislike option is currently not available on the web player.

Do you only use Spotify on the web player, or do you have a device which has the app intalled?

In any case, you're welcome to suggest that the like/dislike option be implemented in the web player by creating a new idea in the Community here.

We're looking forward to hearing back from you in the meantime in case you have any further questions.

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers

Johnvardy

Hey, to piggie back of this i am in a similar boat with the drake songs.

I go through my playlists every week but quite often the songs by drake and tyga and other artists i have no interest in dont have an option that allows me to dislike them.

Most of the songa in the release radar playlist do have the like and dislike option, however sometimes they arent there, and the shuffle and repeat button take their place. Even if i click on the 3 dot menu the most i can do is report the song for explicit content..

Screenshot_20190325-201856_Spotify.jpg
SUGGESTED POSTS