Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to add alphabetically to the playlist?

How to add alphabetically to the playlist?

When I want to add a song to a playlist, I can not deal with it so that I can find the playlist I need in alphabetical order.

I could not deal with it and that's why I gave up PREMIUM for another company.
I like Spotify, but alphabetical addition is important to me and I can not believe that this basic option may not be - it is simply impossible.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
  - Does anyone know the answer to this problem?

Spotify playlista.png
9 Replies

Hello @DarioPocztowski and welcome to the community,

Here is a solution to your problem :

1 - create a new playlist

2 - add one song you want to this playlist.

3 - If you want your playlist ordered alphabetically by title of song, click once : TITLEalphabetical-title.jpg

4 - If you want your playlist ordered alphabetically by artist, click once : ARTIST

alphabetical-artist.jpg

5 - Keep the same settings and continue to add songs. Automatically they will go at the right position.

Tip : it's faster to drag & drop a song directly to a playlist name (in the left hand column) than right click a song and select 'add to playlist'.

Enjoy your listening;

Don't hesitate to ask again if you need more information.

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for your answer, but I have the impression that we are talking about two different things.
If I have understood correctly, then your hint is about ordering inside one playlist.

I am interested in the alphabetical ordering of all playlists - which in DEFINITELY, the more efficient way allows you to search for them and add new songs to them.

EXAMPLE.
I have 200 playlists among which 2 years ago I created a METALLICA playlist.
Today I found their new recording, which I want to add to it and when I do, Spotify shows me a column for browsing with playlists, in which I have to find METALLICA among 200 playlists and then add this song.
If this list is not in alphabetical order, then this is a tragedy.

NORMALLY, I should scroll to the letter "M" and it's easy to find my playlist from METALLICA.
All the time I think that I am doing something wrong, because I do not believe that in Spotify there is no such possibility - it is simply impossible.

Sincerely,
Dariusz Pocztowski

Spotify vs T.png

Hey @DarioPocztowski,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

As actually it's not possible to organize the library of playlists alphabetically, I suggest, for now, that you read this idea :

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Alphabetical-playlist-sorting-options/id...

Something will be done in a, more or less, close future, to organize large library but there is no date planned for now.

Keep listening,

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you very much for your answers.
It is really hard for me to believe that I do not have this option and I do not understand it completely, because it is the foundation to have order in EVERY library - books, atlases, files.
When I saw this opportunity in another company, I left Spotify and I will definitely not be back until it's gone - even if the PREMIUM was free ...

Sincerely,
Dariusz Pocztowski

Hey @Soundofus

Has anything changed in this matter? - more than 30 months have passed.

Best regards,
Darek

Hey @DarioPocztowski,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and coming back.

Just jumping in with @Soundofus to confirm the option to sort your playlists alphabetically is now available on mobile.

Check this Support site article out (Sort Playlists, Artists, and Albums in Your Library) to read all about it 🙂

Hope you'll find this useful. 

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you very much for your answer 🙂

Due to my poor English, I didn't understand everything exactly - especially the part about @Soundofus.
I coped with the order of playlists on my phone.
- And now it looks like it ALWAYS should.
I never understood that it wasn't.
99% I use SPOTIFY for PC, I'm glad that you can arrange playlists on the phone, but what about PC?
It is very difficult to add new songs to an old playlist, because you do not know where it is, when there are several hundred of them.
I don't want to hear about manually moving playlists - it's 2020.
Does SPOTIFY plan the same solution as for the phone, to introduce it on the PC?

Best regards,
Darek

Hi there @DarioPocztowski,

Thanks for the reply.

Currently there is no info on whether the possibility to arrange playlists alphabetically on the Desktop version will be implemented any time soon.

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

FIVE YEARSFIVE YEARS

It's a waste of time to report it, because YOU WILL NOT TAKE IT INTO CONSIDERATION.
No one, absolutely none of my friends or people in the Internet community understand why you have a problem with such a basic feature.
It must be some deliberate action of yours, because it simply cannot be explained in any other way.
Please - FIVE YEARS AGO:
"How about ordering playlists alphabetically?
I'm paying for this service and this feature is the most common and easiest one even for a free music player..."

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Playlists-Sort-List-of-Playlists-alphabetically/idi-p/...

It's 2020, missions to Mars, and there's a problem with the alphabetical ordering of playlists on the music service.
This is not happening.
A few years pass and a MIRACLE, people A MIRACLE! - you can compile the list on the phone.
- Praise the Lord!

A few years ago, I wrote here that I will never purchase the PREMIUM option until this feature is released.
I pay with the competition that has this function from the very beginning.
Many of my friends do this too.
There are reasons I would like to go back to SPOTIFY, but the lack of this feature is so ... 

Suggested posts