Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to change language on the new web player 2017

How to change language on the new web player 2017

Spotify is in Greek for some reason and I dont know how to change it on the new version.

spot.png
23 Replies

Same problem, I can't change the language in my new version of web player. 

Hey! 

Your account is most likely linked to a specific location and therefore is using that language. Otherwise, it might be that your computer is set in a certain language, and then spotify will use that language in its player. 

Try changing the country you are based in in the spotify settings, or even try changing the language of your computer.

Hope this helps (:

Thanks for the replie but if you mean the location as shown on the picture I already tried. Otherwise my PC languages are English and Bulgarian so it makes no sense to me to see it in Greek.

ex.png

exact same issue here, mine opens in portugese, but my acount is in spanish

Hi Does anybody fix this problem?

The problem has not yet to be fixed. And the web player display always be changing between old and new version , when the player backs to the old version, actually it can be changed for the language part, while the new version still don't have any solution for it.

Oh OK Thanks.

It seems to force to install app version for ad or some reasons 😞

Same problem here, I've always used the web player in English. Today, all of a sudden it has changed to the language of the country in am living in. problem is, i live in Hong Kong and i have no clue what's going on in the IU!! Please give me a solution! 

On my phone app it's fine. Just frustrating as i cannot figure out how to change it on the web player.

HELP!

It's solved.

The solution is easy. Just delete your cookies and cash of spotify from your browser. In case you should log out all of your spotify devices before deleting cookies.

For me this works! 

Thanks

Didn't work for me, its in a wrong language from the log in even after cookies and cache cleaned....

- Go to Chrome's language settings. 

Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Language and input settings...

- Click English and select "Display Google Chrome in this language" 

- Then delete all other languages in the list by pressing X next to the language.

- Click Finished

- Refresh Spotify's web app. 

Voilà 🙂

This worked for me on Chrome. I was getting Spanish but I prefer English. even though my browser is set to english on default, i had to remove all spanish secondary options from the language options in chrome://settings --the reason i'm even using the web player requires another thread.

Thanks for your solution; however, even after doing this and even restarting my computer afterwards, I still have the same issue!  Everything is set to English on my computer, Chrome settings, etc.  How annoying!

Did you remove the other languages listed there? It's an important step to
my solution.

The only language I have currently is English.  No other languages were ever selected and if I write in other languages, I tend only to use the US-English-International keyboard so I can more easily type with accents, etc.  That's even more frustrating!

I don't mean the keyboard languages though. I mean specifically in the
Chrome language section. Here: http://i.imgur.com/qm5YfJ2.png

Hello again! 🙂 Yes, I triple checked everything just in case. The Chrome
Language Section was my first stop. Everything is English.

Kinda late but I was having the same issue just now. I had to delete my other lauguages from Chrome then sign back in. I found that helped but now I no longer have Portuguese in Chrome... 

Worked for me.
Thank you. 

Suggested posts