Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to delete a song from Spotify as an artist

How to delete a song from Spotify as an artist

When my band just started we immidiately put a shitty song on spotify wich we now regret, seeing as it now sits right in the middle of the actual good content we made. We all want it gone but can't figure out how to delete it. How do we delete it?

Greetings, Alex.

9 Replies

Hey @patnas39, and welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

I’d recomend getting in touch with Spotify for Artists here for more help 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy,

For some reason it won't let me send a message through this form. It keeps saying Úh oh, something went wrong' for seemingly no reason?

Hey @patnas39.

Could you try accessing the link in my last reply again ^, contacting them using a different browser or incognito mode? If that doesn't work, please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing.

Keep me posted 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi Billy,

The link is wokring now but my problem isn't listed as one of the options.  I picked the 'theres music on the wrong artist profile' since that came closest to the problem I have but that just leads me into how to fix that specific problem, wich is not the problem I actually have.  I put a description of my actual problem but It seems to get ignored. Is there anyway to actually get in touch with someone who can just delete our song? 

Hey, @patnas39.

Thanks for the reply!

In this case, please pick a different option since that is the only way to contact Spotify for Artists.

In the meantime, have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

bruh

I had this problem previously, too. I just contacted my distributor, and they took it down about 24-48 hours later.

same problem here and still no solutions in 2023 for **bleep** sake

1. Go to the distributor website (eg distrokid) that you uploaded song with

2. find 'edit song' option - one of the edit options is 'remove song from all stores'

Suggested posts