Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to disconnect Spotify from soundiiz.com?

Solved!

How to disconnect Spotify from soundiiz.com?

Hi all,

I granted soundiiz.com access to my spotify account to convert some playlists from Deezer. Now I'm looking for a way to revoke those rights in my Spotify account settings. Problem is, I can't find anything. In Deezer it was pretty easy to do this. Has anyone an idea how to do this in Spotify?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Recently Spotify added a feature to do this. I have successfully tested it myself.

These are the steps:

1) Go to Spotify WEB site (I haven't found the feature in the App)

2) On the upper right corner, click on "account" under your username.

3) On the menu on the left, choose "Apps".

4) Just look for the service you want to revoke access and it's done !

Hope this helps.

(After solving your problem, please mark this as the right answer, thanks).

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi all,
I granted soundiiz.com access to my spotify account to convert some playlists from Deezer. Now I'm looking for a way to revoke those rights in my Spotify account settings. Problem is, I can't find anything. In Deezer it was pretty easy to do this. Has anyone an idea how to do this in Spotify? ME TOO !!!

I had a similar issue with soundiiz.com always automtically logging in to my spotify account. when I clicked "Connect to Spotify."

This isn't exactly revoking rights but it will log your Spotify account out of Soundiiz and break this link. Typing in "https://accounts.spotify.com" into your web browser on the same computer that you are experiencing the issue with, you get the option to log out. This seems to dissassociate your Spotify account with Soundiiz.

Hope that helps some.

Thanks for the tip!

It helps, but only temporarily. Once you're logged in again (for example, to be able to post on community.spotify.com), you again have this autolink - if you return to Soundiiz.com, you will be automatically connected to your account after hitting "Connect to Spotify"

I contacted tech support of Soundiiz about this, and they confirmed they do not keep any authorisation token once you hit a "power" button.

So it's really Spotify issue, that you don't have an option to revoke permissions granted for API access of 3rd party services like Soundiiz to your account (in the same manner as Deezer do it, for instance).

Hopefully our topic will bring this problem to their attention.

If nothing helps: does it help to change your spotify password?

If nothing else helps: create another spotify account - not premium of course - and connect to that one instead?

Marked as solution

Recently Spotify added a feature to do this. I have successfully tested it myself.

These are the steps:

1) Go to Spotify WEB site (I haven't found the feature in the App)

2) On the upper right corner, click on "account" under your username.

3) On the menu on the left, choose "Apps".

4) Just look for the service you want to revoke access and it's done !

Hope this helps.

(After solving your problem, please mark this as the right answer, thanks).

I deleted the Soundiiz app, I then logged out of all devices, then changed my password, and even closed the browser window so they couldn't tap into that data like Facebook can. But Soundiiz is still posting "Playlist converted by Soundiiz from another music platform ! Checkout Soundiiz.com" to my playlist descriptions. Any idea how they're accessing my playlists? 

Suggested posts