Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to disconnect or "forget" local Google Cast devices?

How to disconnect or "forget" local Google Cast devices?

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 7 Plus and Macbook 

When my phone (or macbook laptop) is connected to the wi-fi, my Spotify immediately recognizes nearby Google Cast-capable devices in my household. Is there any way for me to make my Spotify account disconnect or forget about these devices so that they do not appear on my Devices Menu under "Settings > Devices > Devices Menu"? My house contains a couple of these devices (e.g. Chromecast and Google Home), and there have been times where I would accidentally switch Spotify's playing output to these devices by fumbling around on my screen and wrongly tapping on these available devices, even at 3 AM when people are sleeping. I have already tried the logging out everywhere option, but it does not help for this particular situation.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. 

1 Reply

Hey there @ashetaejic,

Thank you for your post.

You're not able to do that at the moment, but there's an idea about this that you can find here. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

We're constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

If you have any questions we're always happy to help 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts