Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to find music I like

How to find music I like

(I hope I am posting this in the right place - new here!)

How should I use Spotify to find music I like?

I want to find some bands to see live.  I have never been good at seeing live music, and want to try to do more of it once the pandemic is under control.

A friend suggested that I could use Spotify to bands that I like, but I don't know how to get started on that.

Would anyone be kind enough to help me get started?

4 Replies

Is this something that is not possible in Spotify?

Hey @blackprince179

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

You can start by using Search to browse categories such as genres, moods, charts and new releases. You'll find a bit more info about this here

After a few weeks of listening to your favorite music, you can expect to receive personalized playlists made for you. These will be based on your listening habits, what you save, like or share. 

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, we're just one message away.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you, Novy.

What I am trying to do is find bands I like that I could then go and see perform live.

Because what I have listened to and "liked" on Spotify is all old music, all the tracks it recommends to me in Discover Weekly are also old, by bands who won't be performing live any more, or if they are will have an audience of people saying how good they were when they saw them live in 1972.

How do I find bands that are more contemporary, but aren't just the top 40 of the week?

Hi there @

Thanks for the reply.

You can try the New Releases Section of the app, where you can find the playlists Release Radar and New Music Friday. These will include a selection of new albums and EPs released by artists you follow and artists you might like.

As a general rule, the more music you listen to over time will generate better recommendations. Some of them are bound to be from new artists which will hopefully be touring in the future.

You can also try browsing the Audio Exchange section of the Community, where users share music they like with each other. So you might find a thread about your favorite genre and find new recommendations there 🙂

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts