Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to "train" Discover Weekly?

Solved!

How to "train" Discover Weekly?

Is there any way of resetting Discover Weekly algorithms? I spent close to a year actively not listening to any djent, death metal or modern prog rock on Spotify in an attempt to re-train this feature because practically all the recommendations I was receiving was from these genres, and I've always thought of myself as having a way more varied taste in music than that. I finally thought I had succeeded; around last September most of the metal was gone, almost overnight, with much more emphasis on various genres of electronica, film music, more interesting and varied stuff in general. Now, last week, a new Discover Weekly playlist was not generated for me for whatever reason. I realized I quite missed the feature after just one week without, but when I checked back today, much to my dismay I found myself back in square one. Nothing but djent, death metal and a few 2000s prog rock (though always guitar-based) songs here and there. What gives? Can anyone shed some light on how this thing is supposed to work and is it supposed to take all my listening behavior into account when "profiling" me (as much as I dislike the sentiment)? How do I tell it to go back to what it was doing two weeks ago?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @maximadigital, thanks for posting! 

Sadly, there's no way to "train" or exclude song or genres from your discover weekly, but there are similar ideas which suggesting this, you can leave your votes and comments in support there : )

However, add more tracks to "Your Music" this week (with the + button), this would also help you for better recommendations

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @maximadigital, thanks for posting! 

Sadly, there's no way to "train" or exclude song or genres from your discover weekly, but there are similar ideas which suggesting this, you can leave your votes and comments in support there : )

However, add more tracks to "Your Music" this week (with the + button), this would also help you for better recommendations

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts