Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

How to remove liked songs when 'unsaving' an album

How to remove liked songs when 'unsaving' an album

grumpytiger
Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Lenovo Vibe K6

Operating System

Android 7.0 Nougat

My Question or Issue

Hello, there.

I'd like to know if there's some way to remove all the liked songs from an album you 'unsave'.

Just recently I read about that update that separated the songs you liked from the albums you saved. Although I completely disliked it, since it didn't even allowed those who disliked the change to fall back to the old way, it's not the issue here.

My problem is that a few moments ago I found out that some of my favorite saved albums (around 14 albuns, with almost 100 songs each) which had the music named in Japanese got their version with the songs named in English (just the songs names, everything else is the same), so I swapped the albuns, unsaving the Japanese ones and saving the English ones.

Very cool and nice, except for the fact that the 'liked songs' list is still filled with the songs from the removed algums (which were saved before this dreaded 'liked songs and saved albums' update) and, of course, none of the newly saved albums songs are in the liked list. I know the later is the new feature and there's nothing I can do about it, but is there at least a way for me to easily remove these thousands of songs which I wish had been gone after unliking the album? Or at least a bulk remove from the liked list? I really just wanted to hit all random, like I've always done, and know which song is it, since I can't read Japanese.

Sorry if there's a soluton for this somewhere here, but I reaaly read through this forum bfore posting this and I haven't found anything to help me with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

15 Replies

Re: How to remove liked songs when 'unsaving' an album

Rock Star 2
Rock Star 2

Hi,

Did you know that on mobile there's an option to like or unlike all songs of an album? It's in the menu of the album.

For desktop you can just use shift + select all songs and like it unlike all songs.

Regards,

René

Rene01Rock Star 2
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

hedges333
Music Fan

There is no such option in mobile, at least not in Android.

Screenshot_20190906-141824.png
Screenshot_20190906-141836.png
Screenshot_20190906-141909.png

hedges333
Music Fan

I think this is a bug.  The problem causes data usage when trying to shuffle-play all liked songs.  What I want to do is shuffle-play all the downloaded songs from downloaded albums, like we used to be able to do.

The OP's point was:

1. I save and download an album.
  2. All songs are automatically liked and added to "Liked Songs." 
  3. I unsave the album and remove download.
  4. The individual songs remain in "Liked Songs," but they are no longer downloaded.
  5. If I shuffle play all liked songs while connected to a mobile network, it will use data when I did not intend to.
  6. I have to manually remove each individual song through the mobile client.

Going to the desktop client doesn't help.  In the list of Liked Songs in the desktop client, I cannot tell which albums are saved or not saved on my mobile client.  Since I have already removed the album from the mobile client, it's incredibly tedious to look up the album name on mobile, then search for it on desktop, then unlike all the songs individually.

Besides which, it doesn't help at all to go to the desktop client, in Windows.  I shift-click all the liked songs that remain from the album.  If I click the heart button on one song, it still only un-likes one song.  If I click the heart button at the top right so that it says it is no longer saved, the heart buttons on the individual songs are still highlighted.  They have to be unliked individually, one song at a time, whether in Windows or Android.

It's also very tedious because I have to page-down through the list of Liked Songs one page at a time, looking for which albums I might have previously un-saved.

If I unlike an album, it should unlike all the songs.

hedges333
Music Fan

Also, going to the desktop client doesn't help.  In the list of Liked Songs in the desktop client, I cannot tell which albums are saved or not saved on my mobile client.  Since I have already removed the album from the mobile client, it's incredibly tedious to look up the album name on mobile, then search for it on desktop, then unlike all the songs individually.

hedges333
Music Fan

Actually, it doesn't help at all to go to the desktop client, in Windows.  I shift-click all the liked songs that remain from the album.  If I click the heart button on one song, it still only un-likes one song.  If I click the heart button at the top right so that it says it is no longer saved, the heart buttons on the individual songs are still highlighted.  They have to be unliked individually, one song at a time, whether in Windows or Android.

Rock Star 2
Rock Star 2

Hi,

Check this option to like or unlike all songs of an album. It's on android.Screenshot_20190907-152303_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20190907-152322_Spotify.jpg

Regards,

René 

Rene01Rock Star 2

hedges333
Music Fan

No it's not. That doesn't appear in the latest release of the client on Android 9.  I just did a full factory reset on my phone 2 weeks ago. That option does not appear on the pop-up menu for an album.

Rock Star 2
Rock Star 2

Hi,

That's weird. I have a galaxy s9. This is my spotify version:Screenshot_20190907-174645_Spotify.jpg

Regards,

René

Rene01Rock Star 2

hedges333
Music Fan

Me too.  v.8.5.21.754.  It's not there.  Great.  I suppose I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling again, but this is dumb.

SUGGESTED POSTS