Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

How to remove liked songs when 'unsaving' an album

Re: How to remove liked songs when 'unsaving' an album

Rock Star 3
Rock Star 3

Just to be sure. You have saved the album and you tab the three dots in the album page.

You are sure it's not a playlist or an artist?

Regards,

René

Rene01Rock Star 3
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

hedges333
Music Fan

Ah.  I was going to the song in Liked Songs, then tapping (...) and View Album.  That does not have the control you're talking about. I thought this would be the same menu as if I saved the album, then accessed it through the Albums tab of My Library.  It's not.  I see the option you're talking about when I do that. 

If I forgot to do that, then I have to save the album on one album menu, navigate back over to the Albums tab, then like all songs and unlike them, then unsave and remove the album.  This is still somewhat tedious, but not as bad as unliking every song individually.

So I guess the bug is that there are multiple versions of the View Album menu, depending on where you try to access it.

I also think it's a basic UX principle, that if I use a binary switch control to do something, turning off the switch should reverse the effect of turning it on.

hedges333
Music Fan

To the OP:  at least on the Liked Songs tab, at the top right you can filter only downloaded songs before hitting shuffle play.  You can't filter undownloaded songs to clean up the cruft, though.

Rock Star 3
Rock Star 3

Hi @hedges333,

I agree this about the confusion. Maybe you can submit a new idea to fix this. I will give it my vote.

Regards,

René

Rene01Rock Star 3

hedges333
Music Fan

That would be great if there were a way to submit an idea to fix this.  Is there?  I tried contacting support.  That was no help.

Rock Star 3
Rock Star 3

Hi @hedges333,

sure, use this link:

Idea submission

To submit a new idea, scroll down to the bottom of the page and there you find a button to submit a new idea.

Regards,

René

Rene01Rock Star 3
SUGGESTED POSTS