Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to share the "Liked Songs" Playlist?

How to share the "Liked Songs" Playlist?

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device/Operating System

Iphone XR (iOS12) / Android(?) / Windows10

My Question or Issue

First i want to say "HI" to the Community 😄

And then back to Topic:

I want to share the liked Songs with a friend an she wants to share her liked songs with me, but we both cant see those songs even after we have followed each other.

Is it even possible to see the liked songs Playlist of someone? If so, what do we need to do in order for it to work for us?

Thanks for the help and greetings from Germany 🙂

12 Replies

Hi @chk,

Unfortunatelly, it's not possible to share your "Liked Songs". 

However, you can put them all to a playlist and then you can share it via link or make it a public playlist on your profile. 

The easiest way to do that is using your desktop: 

• go to your "Liked Songs", 
  • select the first one and then use keyboard shortcut ctrl+A (sellect all), 
  • drag them to a new playlist

The only downside is that you'll have to update that playlist manually everytime you would like to add new liked songs or remove them. 

If you'd like to see that option in the future, you're always welcome to create a post with your idea here

But isn't there a problem that "Liked Songs" don't appear on the desktop platform and only on the phone app, where they can't be copied to a playlist? This is the info I'm finding online and in my own experience.

Hi @schartwigz

You can find your Liked Songs in the desktop app in the left column:

liked songs desktop.jpg

That's where you can find them on your mobile:

LikedSongs.gif

For more details about Your Library, make sure to check this support article.

I hope it helps 🙂

Hi,

I've automated this process using Shortcuts (iOS only). Every time you like a song, it also adds the song to a chosen playlist, on which can be shared! So no need to manually update it 🙂 

If you are interested, let me know, I will be releasing this shortcut shortly. 

2020-01-21 09_07_47-Clipboard.png

Hey @jmpellizzer,

Thanks for jumping in this thread with an alternative of how to save and share liked Songs on IOS! 

Feel free to reach out to us about anything Spotify-related. We're always happy to lend a helping hand!

Have a wonderful day 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

yes please!

I‘d love to be able to use the ios script 🙂

Hi, all

I finally put this together and now I'm able to share it with you.

Please notice that to get the automation for the Liked songs playlist, you'll need to install a "setup bundle" that contains five shortcuts in total.

The one that puts a like in the song and at the same time adds the song to a playlist of your choice is called "Favorites & [shared]", so after installing the "setup bundle", run it and select the shortcut of your choice and follow the instructions. In this bundle, you'll find shortcuts that were not created by me, like "Get lyrics" and the setup bundle itself, for instance.

As for advice, I suggest you to first create a new playlist, copy all the songs that are already in the default "liked songs" playlist and paste it to the new one. After doing it, install the "Favorites & [shared]" shortcuts and it will keep both, the default "like songs" playlist and the one you created synchronized 🙂

Setup bundle: https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/747887c11c814473856d000bb183af06

I hope you enjoy and let me know about any issues.

Cheers,
João

This doesn't really solve the issue.

It's also worth noting that the Liked Songs used to be a normal playlist. Then after an upgrade it became an internal feature. I have yet to hear one good reason for that change.

You can find both instructions and URL for the shortcut down on this page.

Hey folks,

Just to add to what @Jose_M mentioned, there's a relevant idea for making the Liked Songs playlist shareable which you can add your vote to here.

Cheers!

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to share your "Liked Songs".  However, you can put them all in a playlist and then share it via link or make it  public on your profile. 

The easiest way to do that is using your desktop: 

• go to your "Liked Songs", 
  • select the first one and then use keyboard shortcut ctrl+A (select all), 
  • drag them to a new playlist

The only downside is that you'll have to update that playlist manually every time you would like to add new liked songs or remove them. 

There is also this Idea on our Exchange that requests to make the "Liked Songs"  sharable. Make sure to +VOTE it, if you haven't already.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts