Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to sort playlist for everyone?

How to sort playlist for everyone?

My Question or Issue

I was wondering how I would sort my playlist across all devices, and for anyone that would be listening to it? I already know how to sort my playlists on mobile, but it is only sorted on that 1 device. What should I do to sort it across all devices and platforms so that the newest added songs would be sorted at the top for everyone to see? 

3 Replies

Hey @Cjfont,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

When other users access your playlist, the songs in it will be sorted by default regardless of your customized sorting. This is because the sorting settings are local only and they don't sync across devices or between users. 

Anyway, since the sorting feature is local, other users can also sort the songs in your playlist for themselves according to their own preferences.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Wasn't helpful 

Hey folks,

The default order is Custom order, so in order for the app to display the songs you've recently added to the top, you'll have to manually drag them to the top of the playlist.

In any case, being able to set another sort order that acts as the default one for all users who view the playlist sounds like a cool idea, so feel free to submit it on our Idea Exchange board. Others can then show their support by giving it a thumbs up and sharing their feedback. More useful info on Ideas here.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts