Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

How to turn off binaural effects

Solved!
Highlighted

How to turn off binaural effects

SimonCowhig

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

headphones (sony)

My issue is my headphones have broken in the left ear, and some songs have slightly different sounds in each ear, and to prevent me not hearing parts of songs that are played in the left ear only, Id like to turn off this binaural aspect of the music, but I cant find a setting to do so.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: How to turn off binaural effects

Rising Star 17 landonharris88
Rising Star 17

Your best bet would likely be to sum your output audio to mono. This isn't a function of Spotify, but you can likely do it through the settings of your device. In ios, for example, go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Mono Audio

landonharris88Rising Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
1 Reply
Solution!

Re: How to turn off binaural effects

Rising Star 17 landonharris88
Rising Star 17

Your best bet would likely be to sum your output audio to mono. This isn't a function of Spotify, but you can likely do it through the settings of your device. In ios, for example, go to Settings>General>Accessibility>Mono Audio

landonharris88Rising Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS