Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to upload local mp3 file to web player

How to upload local mp3 file to web player

I see in the answers there's supposed to be a way to upload your own mp3 music into a spotify playlist. But none of the ways it says to do it are current anymore or don't work on web player. They all say to go to some sort of "settings" tab, which I don't see anywhere. One answer, when I click on the local files help topic and click through to desktop, closest to what I have, being not the app, it still talks about the app, and shows it looks like a down arrow. I don't have this. My three dots don't have settings either.

Screenshot 2018-12-29 at 2.55.42 PM.png

Am I looking in the wrong place or does this not exist on the web player? I use spotify on my chromebook, which uses the web player, not the app, is that the problem? It seems strange there wouldn't be a way to upload files from desktop to your spotify, and the web player seems like the way you use it on desktop.  Is this only available for premium? If so it should say so in the instructions for uploading local files.

As you can see, I have no down arrow like the official instructions for local files upload shows.

Screenshot 2018-12-29 at 2.45.01 PM.png

1 Reply

Hey @lilacks,

Thanks for reaching out.

I can confirm that you can only add Local Files via the desktop app. It's not possible to do this via the Web Player or the mobile apps.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts