Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't play a song

I can't play a song

So there's a song I want to play on Spotify but all the versions of the song can't be played. They are grey and when I click on it it plays but then dissapears right away.

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

4 Replies

A solution I would personally give is that try mkaing sure your application is fully up to date and also make sure your connection is stronger as the application might not have a strong enough connection strength to get the information from the servers if that doesn't work reply and I'll message another troubleshooting method !

I also tried it on my Ipad and it didn't work. Also tried re-installing the app so it's up to date

I did some research and I found out that this could be a location based issue as someone in Germany had a similar issue and said that when he changed his location to the netherlands some of his greyed out music worked so you could try that ! Also it could be related to having a premium account as some feature for some reason can be blocked in different regions.

Region Change:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Click EDIT PROFILE
  3. Scroll down to Country and select your new country from the dropdown list.
    Note: Your new country only shows when you’re actually there.
  4. Click SAVE PROFILE.

Hey @JoepKnapen and @user-removed,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries for many types of reasons depending on the permissions from rights holders.

The good news is: We add new music and podcasts to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon!

Thanks for your involvement. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts