Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't play a song

I can't play a song

So there's a song I want to play on Spotify but all the versions of the song can't be played. They are grey and when I click on it it plays but then dissapears right away.

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

4 Replies

A solution I would personally give is that try mkaing sure your application is fully up to date and also make sure your connection is stronger as the application might not have a strong enough connection strength to get the information from the servers if that doesn't work reply and I'll message another troubleshooting method !

I also tried it on my Ipad and it didn't work. Also tried re-installing the app so it's up to date

I did some research and I found out that this could be a location based issue as someone in Germany had a similar issue and said that when he changed his location to the netherlands some of his greyed out music worked so you could try that ! Also it could be related to having a premium account as some feature for some reason can be blocked in different regions.

Region Change:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Click EDIT PROFILE
  3. Scroll down to Country and select your new country from the dropdown list.
    Note: Your new country only shows when youโ€™re actually there.
  4. Click SAVE PROFILE.

Hey @JoepKnapen and @user-removed,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We want all the worldโ€™s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries for many types of reasons depending on the permissions from rights holders.

The good news is: We add new music and podcasts to Spotify every day, so if you canโ€™t find something youโ€™re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon!

Thanks for your involvement. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts