Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

I can't share music in instagram stories

Re: I can't share music in instagram stories - Status changed to: Need more info

shannaleri

Hey Peter, 

My family has several iPhones, and I can confirm that only the ones which have the latest version of instagram (released two days ago) are having this issue. I have verified on three seperate iPhones that the instagram share works on spotify before updating instagram, and fails with the "log in" requirement after instagram is updated. 

I'm sure you've already made it this far, but just in case. 

Instagram:

66.0 (can share)

67.0 (sharing fails)

Phone: iPhone 6s, 8 Plus, 8, and 7

Highlighted

Re: I can't share music in instagram stories - Status changed to: Need more info

Perfection1Day

Hi I am having the same problem. When attempting to share from Spotify it takes me to log in page on instagram. Have already uninstalled and re installed both apps twice. I am on an iPhone X iOS 12 Spotify 8475664 Instagram 67.

Re: I can't share music in instagram stories

slgoffinet1
Casual Listener

Ive had this exact same issue for 3 days now. Did the exact same things with the same result. Do you know if there’s a fix yet?

Chughesy81
Casual Listener
I tried again last night but still not fixed

slgoffinet1
Casual Listener
I’ve actually emailed Instagram customer support as it looks like it may be
an issue with their newest update. I’ll let you know if I hear anything
back!

Ciaraosullivan8

I have latest version of Spotify and Instagram have an iPhone 7 and have deleted both apps and reinstalled! love to share music on Instagram but everytime I click to share on Instagram it brings me to login page for insta and I login nothing happen doesn’t bring me to camera to share ?! Help

Nendrawahyu

I tried everything still i cant use share on instagram stories. I only see share with instagram direct.

• Device and OS : iPhone 7, ios 12.0.0
  • Spotify version : 8.4.75.664
  • Instagram version: 67.0.0.16.99

arwloo

I have had this problem for a month now. I have tried everything; restarting my device, reinstalling both Spotify and Instagram, updating the apps, updating the iOS version. It still doesn’t work. I have the option of sharing to Instagram stories, but when I press the share button the “log in” box on Instagram pops up. When I log in, it only redirects me to my Instagram profile. I have tried emptying the cache on both apps. I have tried logging in and out of both apps. The share function is still broken. It is something wrong on either the Instagram app or the Spotify app. It’s safe to say it isn’t the device’s fault.

Please, fix it. It is driving me crazy.

Device model: iPhone 6S, iOS 12.0.1

Spotify App Version: 8.4.75.664

Instagam App Version: 67.0

oliviasalinas

I am having a similar problem. The option to share a song to my Instagram story is there. However, when I click that, it takes me to Instagram as if it's working properly but then shows me the Instagram login screen even though I am already logged in. So I log in and it remains on the Instagram home screen instead of taking me to the story with the chosen song. Is there anything I can do to fix it? I have already tried restarting my iPhone and re-downloading both Spotify and Instagram.

eliotadams

Same here

SUGGESTED POSTS