Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't share music in instagram stories

Solved!

I can't share music in instagram stories

Plan

Premium

Country

Mexico 

Device

Huawuei P20 Lite

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

When I try to share some song I don't see the Instagram Stories opcion, can you help me?

I already vinculated mi account with facebook. 

235 Replies

I have never had this option and I have tried re-installing and updating both apps multiple times.

Device: Google Pixel 2XL 

Android: 9

Spotify: 8.4.82.664

Instagram: 73.0.0.22.185

I can't share Music to my instagram story eiter, I never could. Ive deleted and reinstalled both apps but nothing worked. 

Device: Samsung s8

Spotify: 8.4.82.664

Instagram:

I have never had this option and I have tried re-installing and updating both multiple times. Funny thing, I got a new phone today and same problem.

Device: LG G5 (previously) Huawei p20

Android: 8.1

Spotify: 8.4.83.625

Same. The option doesn't even appear on 2 gadgets I own. a tablet and a smartphone. All of them just got released a year ago so the OS pretty new (N and O). The option has never showed up. Ever. I've tried uninstalled both Spotify and Instagram but nada. and I know this is ridiculous, I'm actually starting to get mad.

I own Samsung J7+ and Samsung Tab S3.

Same issue here. I have a Huawei p9 Lite  VNS-L31 with Android 7.0,  Spotify app version 8.4.83.625 and Instagram app version 73.0.0.22.185.

And I have never seen the option before.

I'm starting to think they INTENTIONALLY left us out

ps. sorry about the tag. was a mistake.

I just changed my phone. Now the optiond doesn't work! I own a Huawei Mate lite version 2.6.3.303 .....

I'm having the same problem as well. I already rei stalled my Instagram and Spotify apps, but the Instagram Stories option still isn't showing.

I was once able to share my music to stories, but now I can't. I've done everything suggested in this thread and the option still isn't showing up.
What I did:
1)
- Force Stop Instagram and Spotify
- Clear their data
- Uninstall them
- Reinstall them
- Login to Instagram with Facebook credentials
- Login to Spotify with Facebook credentials
Didn't work.

2)

- The same thing with 1), in addition with also reinstalling Facebook
Didn't work, either.

3)
- The same thing with 2) but, I updated my phone from 8.1 to 9, first.
Still not working.

Device: Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite

Android: 9

Instagram: 74.0.0.21.99

Hi..Thought that was only me having the same problem. I was never able to share music on Instagram stories. I already contacted Spotify support by email and Twitter but they could not gave me any solution. Kinda dissapointing.

Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.

Screenshot_2018-12-12-16-30-18-550_com.spotify.music.png

Same problem here.

• Device model: Samsung J7 Prime
  • Spotify app version: 8.4.84.874
  • Instagram app version: 74.0.0.21.99

Hi, same issues as everyone else, could you help? I've took all the preliminary steps, as in updated apps etc and still have no option to upload to instagram stories:

Your exact device make/model: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F)
Your Spotify app version: 8.4.84.874
Your Instagram app version: 75.0.0.23.99

I have exactly the same issue. I tried re-installing both APPs, and doesn't work

Plan: Premium

Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Spotify please stop messing with us. 

I have 5 samsung devices active atm and none have ever had this feature... Just come clean and sya you haven't it rolled out for Android fully. 

Yeah what the **bleep**? Maybe it's account locked? Look whatever... can we get some communication, it's been months. I want to use it!!

I have the same problem here. I unistallef both apps and even worked out none of them.

Phone model: Samsung SM-G950FD

Instagram app version: 75.0.0.23.99

Spotify app version: 8.4.84.874

Android version: 8.0.0

I'd really appreciate your help!

Thanks!!

Its had been 2 months, and i still cant share it to instastory, really?? U guys should soon fixed, its been too long for u guys trying fixed this problem

My device is Samsung note 9 and already many times uninstalled both of them app, and still cant share! Please guys, u should taking our complqin more seriously..

The option to share as instagram story was there for just an hour and after that it was gone .

Spotify : 8.4.84.874

Instagram : 75.0.0.23.99

Screenshot_20190103-114610.png

Hey so I'm having the same issue here. I can share it to direct messages but not in my stories... Tried reinstalling both the apps and also tried to link my facebook account and I was unable to do that through my phone because the Facebook option isn't there.

My phone brand is huawei

the model is p8 lite 2017

Spotify version: 8.4.84.874

Ig version: 75.0.0.23.99

Suggested posts