Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

I can't share music in instagram stories

Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this on the Community.

We are currently working with Instagram to make this option available for everyone soon!

Right now we cannot provide an exact timeframe on when it's going to be out to everybody.

In the meantime, we recommend you keep both your apps updated.

Thanks for your patience!

Re: I can't share music in instagram stories - Status changed to: Need more info

Hey folks,

Thanks for raising this issue with us. 

First, please could you confirm if you're trying to share music to your Instagram stories but are redirected to sign in to Instagram instead? This thread concerns this specific issue.

If so, could you make sure that you have reinstalled both Spotify and Instagram, and that when you are trying to share to your Instagram Stories you are logged into both your Spotify and Instagram accounts?

If that doesn't work for you, please could you leave the following information:

• Device and OS
  • Spotify version
  • Instagram version?

Thanks!

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers
10 people liked this

Re: I can’t get song share via Instagram stories to work

indrelove

I have exactly the same problem on iPhone XS! Everything is up do date, I’m not sure why Instagram asks me to sign in when I try to share from Spotify. Once I do sign in, it just brings me to the main Instagram page and the song isn’t shared.

3 people liked this

Re: I can't share music in instagram stories

LovelyLudwigVan
Casual Listener

Same issue, cannot share from Spotify to Instagram Story, tried reinstalling but didn't work. Attempted from iPhone 5s on IOS 12.

2 people liked this

Re: I can't share music in instagram stories - Status changed to: Need more info

Stuarty23
Casual Listener
I’ve tried everything you have recommended and still no joy. I’m using an iPhone 7 running IOS 12.0.1
2 people liked this

thedobrevic
Casual Listener

I tried everything still i cant use share on instagram stories. I only see share with instagram direct.

• Device and OS : ASUS Zenfone3 (ZE552KL) , Android 8.0.0
  • Spotify version : 8.4.75.670 armV7
  • Instagram version: 67.0.0.17.100
2 people liked this

rfowley

Same happening for me.

On an iPhone XS. Running iOS 12.1.

Uninstalled and reinstalled both apps twice with latest versions available.

2 people liked this

atlanticwasborn

This is what’s happening to me. I click share > instagram stories. Where it would normally send it to the story, it redirects to instagram’s login screen. And I am logged in to both apps.

I’m on an iPhone XS Max running:

iOS 12.0.1

Spotify 8.4.75

Instagram 67.0

Someone suggested Instagram changed up their API, but I’m not sure about this. I’m hardly a software developer. I reported this to Instagram as well.

2 people liked this

Vsfb94
Regular
Exactly the same!
2 people liked this

_xinsy

iPhone XS - iOS 12.0.1

Spotify - Version 8.4.75

Instagram - Version 67.0

2 people liked this

MPLopes

Same here! iPhone 6 iOS 12.0.1

SUGGESTED POSTS