Premium

Country

Mexico 

Device

Huawuei P20 Lite

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

When I try to share some song I don't see the Instagram Stories opcion, can you help me?

I already vinculated mi account with facebook. 

Top Answer
Peter
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this on the Community.

We are currently working with Instagram to make this option available for everyone soon!

Right now we cannot provide an exact timeframe on when it's going to be out to everybody.

In the meantime, we recommend you keep both your apps updated.

Thanks for your patience!

235 Replies

I have never had this option and I have tried re-installing and updating both apps multiple times.

Device: Google Pixel 2XL 

Android: 9

Spotify: 8.4.82.664

Instagram: 73.0.0.22.185

I can't share Music to my instagram story eiter, I never could. Ive deleted and reinstalled both apps but nothing worked. 

Device: Samsung s8

Spotify: 8.4.82.664

Instagram:

I have never had this option and I have tried re-installing and updating both multiple times. Funny thing, I got a new phone today and same problem.

Device: LG G5 (previously) Huawei p20

Android: 8.1

Spotify: 8.4.83.625

Same. The option doesn't even appear on 2 gadgets I own. a tablet and a smartphone. All of them just got released a year ago so the OS pretty new (N and O). The option has never showed up. Ever. I've tried uninstalled both Spotify and Instagram but nada. and I know this is ridiculous, I'm actually starting to get mad.

I own Samsung J7+ and Samsung Tab S3.

Same issue here. I have a Huawei p9 Lite  VNS-L31 with Android 7.0,  Spotify app version 8.4.83.625 and Instagram app version 73.0.0.22.185.

And I have never seen the option before.

I'm starting to think they INTENTIONALLY left us out

ps. sorry about the tag. was a mistake.

I just changed my phone. Now the optiond doesn't work! I own a Huawei Mate lite version 2.6.3.303 .....

I'm having the same problem as well. I already rei stalled my Instagram and Spotify apps, but the Instagram Stories option still isn't showing.

I was once able to share my music to stories, but now I can't. I've done everything suggested in this thread and the option still isn't showing up.
What I did:
1)
- Force Stop Instagram and Spotify
- Clear their data
- Uninstall them
- Reinstall them
- Login to Instagram with Facebook credentials
- Login to Spotify with Facebook credentials
Didn't work.

2)

- The same thing with 1), in addition with also reinstalling Facebook
Didn't work, either.

3)
- The same thing with 2) but, I updated my phone from 8.1 to 9, first.
Still not working.

Device: Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite

Android: 9

Instagram: 74.0.0.21.99

Hi..Thought that was only me having the same problem. I was never able to share music on Instagram stories. I already contacted Spotify support by email and Twitter but they could not gave me any solution. Kinda dissapointing.

Using Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.

Screenshot_2018-12-12-16-30-18-550_com.spotify.music.png

Same problem here.

• Device model: Samsung J7 Prime
  • Spotify app version: 8.4.84.874
  • Instagram app version: 74.0.0.21.99

Hi, same issues as everyone else, could you help? I've took all the preliminary steps, as in updated apps etc and still have no option to upload to instagram stories:

Your exact device make/model: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F)
Your Spotify app version: 8.4.84.874
Your Instagram app version: 75.0.0.23.99

I have exactly the same issue. I tried re-installing both APPs, and doesn't work

Plan: Premium

Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Spotify please stop messing with us. 

I have 5 samsung devices active atm and none have ever had this feature... Just come clean and sya you haven't it rolled out for Android fully. 

Yeah what the **bleep**? Maybe it's account locked? Look whatever... can we get some communication, it's been months. I want to use it!!

I have the same problem here. I unistallef both apps and even worked out none of them.

Phone model: Samsung SM-G950FD

Instagram app version: 75.0.0.23.99

Spotify app version: 8.4.84.874

Android version: 8.0.0

I'd really appreciate your help!

Thanks!!

Its had been 2 months, and i still cant share it to instastory, really?? U guys should soon fixed, its been too long for u guys trying fixed this problem

My device is Samsung note 9 and already many times uninstalled both of them app, and still cant share! Please guys, u should taking our complqin more seriously..

The option to share as instagram story was there for just an hour and after that it was gone .

Spotify : 8.4.84.874

Instagram : 75.0.0.23.99

Screenshot_20190103-114610.png

Hey so I'm having the same issue here. I can share it to direct messages but not in my stories... Tried reinstalling both the apps and also tried to link my facebook account and I was unable to do that through my phone because the Facebook option isn't there.

My phone brand is huawei

the model is p8 lite 2017

Spotify version: 8.4.84.874

Ig version: 75.0.0.23.99

Suggested posts