Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't share music in instagram stories

Solved!

I can't share music in instagram stories

Plan

Premium

Country

Mexico 

Device

Huawuei P20 Lite

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

When I try to share some song I don't see the Instagram Stories opcion, can you help me?

I already vinculated mi account with facebook. 

Top Answer
Peter
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this on the Community.

We are currently working with Instagram to make this option available for everyone soon!

Right now we cannot provide an exact timeframe on when it's going to be out to everybody.

In the meantime, we recommend you keep both your apps updated.

Thanks for your patience!

235 Replies

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this on the Community.

We are currently working with Instagram to make this option available for everyone soon!

Right now we cannot provide an exact timeframe on when it's going to be out to everybody.

In the meantime, we recommend you keep both your apps updated.

Thanks for your patience!

It has been a year dude. Come on! I am Already tired to wait 😴😴

Asus Zenfone 3 - ZE520KL - ASUS_Z017DC

Spotify version n. 8.4.98.892

Instagram version n. 87.0.0.18.99

Android OS version 8.0.0

Screenshot_20190403-200138.jpg
Screenshot_20190403-200126.jpg

Wow I upgraded my Pixel2XL to the Pixel3 and a year later I still can't believe this feature doesn't work on my Instagram Stories. Such a bummer! 

• Your exact device make / model : ASUS_X018D
  • Your Spotify app version : 8.5.0.735
  • Your Instagram app version : 88.0.0.14.9Screenshot_20190409-201121.jpg

I have the same problem, with and without premium I still can't see the option of sharing songs to instagram stories, only instagram direct.

My phone is Samsung Galaxy S8

I have the latest versions both of instagram and Spotify and I tried reinstalling them, it did not change anything.

Instagram: version 88.0.0.14.99

Spotify version 8.5.0.735

Screenshot_20190409-200352_Android System.jpg

I'm using Xiaomi Mi A2 please update itI'm using Xiaomi Mi A2 please update it

please fix it spotify

Your exact device make / model : Huawei P20 Pro

Your Spotify app version : 8.5.0.735

Your Instagram app version : 88.0.0. 14.99

Even after I go to "MORE" still did not give me the choices. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both apps. 

Screenshot_20190412_004842_com.spotify.music.jpg

i have this problem please fix it.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 n910cq 6.0.1

Instagram 88.0.0.14.99

Spotify 8.5.2.640

asd (2).jpg

I have been able to share songs to insta stories for more than 6months and now, even if the option is available, the service does not work. I press share to insta story, it takes me to instagram and then nothing. No Story with song. Just plain instagram feed. Why?

I uninstalled both apps and reinstalled them and its still not working.

I can see the share via instagram stories option, but when I clicked that it redirects me to my instagram feed and nothing happens after that.

Phone: IPhone 7, iOS 12.2

Spotify: 8.5.0.833

Instagram: 89.0.0.14.100

It's worth noting that it was working like just about a week ago.

After Apr 15 2019 Instagram update it is working for me now. I'm wondering for how long...

Instagram: 89.0.0.21.101

Spotify: 8.5.1.734

There was no need to reinstall anything, it just started to work after the Instagram update.

As asked to solve to problem:

• Iphone 8

• Spotify version 8.5.1

• Instagram version 89.0

Thanks in advance!!

same is happening for me. i can find the option on spotify, but when i hit share it takes me to my instagram annnnnd ... nothing, it was literally working yesterday. i’m glad it’s not just me, hopefully there’s a fix soon

phone: iphone 7 plus, ios 12.2

spotify: 8.5.1

insta: 89.0

I’m having the exact same problem, have you heard of any resolution to the problem yet? 

I am having the same problem as the photograph attached, also, yes  I’ve updated both apps. Please help. Thank you!

98AB4415-BB88-4AE8-80DD-00E1BBCAEC49.png

Didnt here anything yet 😥😥

Hi! I actually had the same problem when I changed my phone. I tried updating my spotify but it doesnt give u an option to share it on IG. What I actually did was I tried looking for some ig stories of some of my friends who shared spotify to theur stories and I clicked the link (which can be seen on the top left corner of the story) and when i did that it led me ofcourse to spotify. Then i went back to my own spotify account and tried looking for option to share it on ig and bam! It shows right away. What i actually thought of it was if in case u changed ur phone or havent updated ur spotify, update it first and try to do the same thing that I did so it will link ur ig to ur spotify and an option will be given. I hope it'll work for everyone else because it worked for me. I tried figuring it out for months before and now it's fixed. Hope this will help you! 

It doesn't work for me. I already tried everything

It's doesn't work for me. I already tried everything

Suggested posts