Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cannot play a previous song or restart a current song from any device other than my phone.

I cannot play a previous song or restart a current song from any device other than my phone.

Phone: Galaxy Note9

Watch: Galaxy S3

Car: Chevy Cruze

Spotify Version : 8.5.9737

Like titles says I cannot restart or go to previous songs back button won't work on anything other than my phone. If I am driving controls on steering wheel or dashboard don't work. if I try to do it on my watch it says "play track on phone first" even though it's already playing. This has started to happen months ago and won't stop! I have tried everything I have googled every iteration of my problem I could think of AND NOTHING. Please don't tell me to uninstall and reinstall not once has that ever helped anything. I can't do it anymore it's so incredibly annoying to have to stop what I am doing get my phone out and restart a song especially if I am trying to learn the song on an instrument. I am so close to cancelling my subscription and never going back. PLEASE HELP THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE AND GET'S ME MADE ENOUGH FOR AN AXIETY ATTACK

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hey @JDOZER.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue with the app and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. Be sure to comment or subscribe in the topic to get notifications. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts