Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I hate Spotify.

I hate Spotify.

Please, I suggest you do not take this as “insulting” because it was not supposed to, anyway, here we go.

Some days ago I discovered this application named Spotify, people told me it let you play background music on your phone, I felt like “waw”. It wasn’t until today that I actually installed it, though.

I really liked how it looked, so sleek and fresh, I expected more than I should have due to... “premium”. You see, what’s the point of making an app which lacks basic functionality and brand it as the “normal edition”? Why couldn’t it be called “Spotify Trial” or something like that?

At first I thought that the Premium Edition let you download songs so that you could play them offline and other things that were not too relevant to me, but turns out “Spotify Premium” is a basic music player. I also found an app called “Documents 6”, which has a whole lotta functions compared to Spotify, yet it is not reserved exclusively to music.

I would understand it if the application was free and you had to pay for the songs, I do not know which method would end up being more expensive from the consumer’s perspective, because I am not one of those dudes who has 40 billion songs on the device. Personally I think that $9.99 per month is pretty expensive for a music player. I also don’t understand why the PC version is free, why would anyone ever use Spotify when you have sites like YouTube containing thousands of “choonz”?

Also, about the actual music. I am one of those people who likes non mainstream musics such as UK Hard House (donk), dancehall reggae and other producers which are really small and usually found on things such as SoundCloud or YouTube. I was pretty disappointed when I searched “Wigan Pier - I Want Bass” on Spotify and found nothing.

Well, these are the reasons why I hate Spotify. I would love to hear replies, cheers.

-Monty

0 Replies

Suggested posts