Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have a playlist that says that it was made by me when I did not make it. Did I get hacked?

Solved!

I have a playlist that says that it was made by me when I did not make it. Did I get hacked?

I have a playlist named "CC2" that says it is made by me when I did not make it. It added 16 songs 2 hours ago and added 6 copies of 2 songs 17 hours ago. Is this because I logged in to spotify on Camila Cabello's website? Did I get hacked? What do I do? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @chaosninja ! 🙂
Thanks for coming to Spotify Community! 🙂

Since you mentioned logging into a musician website, it may be that you authorized a plug-in app in doing so. My first suggestion is to check your account page and see if you gave any artist or music label authorization to your account.
You can find this on the sidebar under "Apps" (screenshot).
If you recognize anything you don't want to have access, just click the Revoke Access button.
If you don't see that this is the case, there is a guide here on what steps to take if your account has been compromised. 

I hope this was helpful and have a wonderful day! 🙂

View solution in original post

Capture.JPG
2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @chaosninja ! 🙂
Thanks for coming to Spotify Community! 🙂

Since you mentioned logging into a musician website, it may be that you authorized a plug-in app in doing so. My first suggestion is to check your account page and see if you gave any artist or music label authorization to your account.
You can find this on the sidebar under "Apps" (screenshot).
If you recognize anything you don't want to have access, just click the Revoke Access button.
If you don't see that this is the case, there is a guide here on what steps to take if your account has been compromised. 

I hope this was helpful and have a wonderful day! 🙂

Capture.JPG

Thanks @Bethany_Dawn ! So I can assume that this playlist is by Sony. Thanks for the help!

Spotify connections.JPG

Suggested posts