Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm leaving Spotify due to the offline limit.

I'm leaving Spotify due to the offline limit.

I've been a huge fan of Spotify since I first signed up for premium about three years ago, and I've reccommended it countless times and got many others into it too. However, having hit the rediculous limit of 3,333 songs available to download per device over a year ago now I've had enough.

Most days I have to go through my library 'unsaving' albums offline that I haven't had the time to check out yet, purely so I can save something new - that I'll more than likely have to delete due to this limit in the weeks/months to come.

I read a statement by someone from Spotify on the forum here before explaining that this issue is only relevant to 1% of the community as 99% of people have yet to hit that limit, therefore it's essentially not worth changing. Unbelievable. I find it very hard to believe that I'm part of that 1%, I'd suggest it's more like 5% and growing all the time as more people start to hit that limit. Either way, I think it's naieve and so shortsighted to not realise that this limit will be a problem in the future - surely Spotify understand that as their users' collection grows more people will become infuriated by this limit?

And I haven't even gone into the 10,000 track saved limit here. I'm not even gonna go there (although yes, I have hit this limit too...)

I'm going to miss Spotify for the ease of discovering new artists, and in the three years that I've been a member the interface has improved massively on IOS, but it's just not worth the upheaval of limiting my collection of music. This is something that seriously needs to be addressed going forwards, but until then my £10 a month is going to go straight into Tim Cook's pocket.

1 Reply

@AndrewLavers wrote:

I read a statement by someone from Spotify on the forum here before explaining that this issue is only relevant to 1% of the community as 99% of people have yet to hit that limit, therefore it's essentially not worth changing.

They use this excuse for literally everything using BS statistics which they themselves contrived how to arrive at, seemingly only for the purpose of deluding themselves and having a way to justify their **bleep** (they actually bleep "cr@p"...) services to others.  Even if on occasion this measure is in some way reflective of the truth, inherent to this mentality is the philosophy that what their platform should be reduced at all times to the lowest common denominator.  This means that each of the different "1%" would be fundamentally unhappy in some way (with Spotify relying on the irrelevant majority of users who add nothing to the community to simply perpetuate their business as is).

I've made so many efforts and tried in so many ways to reach out to them on different issues, promoting Spotify as you have, in hopes of their future success.  Honestly, at this point, given just everything at this point, I'm just hoping they crash and burn as quickly as possible as other companies I was hoping wouldn't grow more popular catch on and actually start being aggressive in meeting the demands of more avid listeneres.

Spotify has also otherwise been good at largely ignoring the community (making irrelevant the only means of having a conversation or contacting them - here) and don't further seem to give a.. darn (really big on censoring benign words apparently as well).  Your breath has unfortunately been thoroughly wasted my friend.  Best case scenario, though unlikely, they'd react here to possibly still hold up some pretense of the opposite of what I said being true.  More likely, they'd delete this message or just the post in its entirety like they did mine.

Suggested posts