Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm not receiving any push or email notification

I'm not receiving any push or email notification

I'm not receiving any push or email notification except once a week Release Radar email (with no push on my phone only email).

All my settings are enabled and notifications are allowed in my phone settings (Android) but still I don't receive any notificaton..

What's wrong with it? And how to fix it?

2018-03-31_10-47-29.png
6 Replies

I use spotify for many years now, and although I have all push notifications neabled I did never ever get a push notification on my smartphone.
For other apps I get many push notifications.
I checked in my android settings, that I did NOT disable push notifications for the spotify app.
What can I do to get push notifications?

Hey there @onceup and @wolfgang_haug

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We suggest first you try adjusting the settings in a private/incognito window. This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. If that doesn't do the trick try again in a different kind of browser.  

Once you've done so, it's a good idea to perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device. We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Sorry, but reinstallation of Spotify did not help. I still get only push notifications by mail, but not in the app.

This is for two android devices, on both I don't receive push notifications.

Hi guys, I suggest double checking your phone's general settings to see if push notifications are allowed or enabled for the Spotify app.

I check multiple times - all push notification are enabled on both devices but I don't get push notifications on any device.

I checked also that the app has the rights to do push notifications in android.

I am the account owner on my family plan. I never get emails from Spotify. And I only receive a text on one podcast. Whereas my family gets the emails. Example: https://open.spotify.com/genre/0JQ5IMCbQBLmSUZ1vh6xR9

that came as an email to the other members of the account, I did not. Thanks in advance. 

Suggested posts