Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm suddenly not published as Top Listener for any artists

I'm suddenly not published as Top Listener for any artists

...although I've checked the button that says so.

I have a side account that I log into from time to time to see how other users, and which artists they can see that I have listened to.

Now, my picture does not show up no matter which artist I visit with my other account, and I'm 100% sure that it did before.

What is wrong with this function? It really sucks that it's broken, because this is half the reason I'm using spotify in the first place.

21 Replies

Hello @flowrpower

I marked this as not an issue as this is not a bug, the top listener is determined by the system and changes as listeners change 🙂

Have An Awesome Day! 🙂

Wait @jean3601! I know there is something wrong here because I repeatedly checked which artists where I was a Top Listener before the issue occured, and now it does not show up in ANY artists. Listening to music is pretty much all I do. For example, a few weeks ago I just became a top listener of Tame Impala, but now I’m not, even though I’m still listening to them a lot. And it’s not supposed to change that fast anyway. Please, this is still an issue.

Basically, I am not a top listener at all, which I was just a few days ago. This does not make sense. Please help!

@flowrpower

I am fairly confident this is not a issue 🙂 

if you would like i can move this topic to another section of the forum and escalate it to Spotify staff so they can answer your questions? 🙂

@jean3601 I'm really not sure what you mean by that you're "fairly confident" that this is not an issue?.. Is it that its not an issue enough for this section? ... Uh, sure, that would be nice if somebody from the spotify staff could take a look at it. If you could move it, that would be great. Thanks!

@flowrpower

I have escalated this for you 🙂

Have An Awesome Day! 🙂

Hey @flowrpower!

I Have a few questions for you :

Firstly, where are you seeing this? Are you seeing this in the desktop or on an artists about page?

Also if you could please post a screenshot of what you are seeing it would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

I Hope To Hear From You Soon! 🙂

In the exact same situation as you (side account and all) and it really bothers me too! As a paying customer, I would argue that it is an issue...one I would like to be fixed.

Hello @chlolene, Welcome to the community! 🙂

May I ask you a few questions? 🙂

Firstly, where are you seeing this? Are you seeing this in the desktop or on an artists about page?

Also if you could please post a screenshot of what you are seeing it would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

Hi - thank you for replying.

I am not able to screenshot right now, unfortunately. I am seeing this on the most current spotify program for desktop, on windows 8. 

When I click on an Artist's Page on my main account I see small pictures of the people I am following under Monthly Listeners, showing them as listeners of certain artists. On my side account I used to see myself there as well. Now I do not see myself on ANY artist page, even the ones where I used to be pictured.

Several of these artists I know for certain I have listened to for a lot longer, and a lot more often, than my friends who are pictured. I am also a way heavier user of spotify than most of them - I listen to spotify almost constantly because I have premium. 

My last post was in reply to @jean3601 - sorry this is my first time using the forum, wanted to make sure you saw it. 

Hey @chlolene

Just another quick question, are you seeing this on the artist page itself or on a album page?

@jean3601, artist page itself. I've never seen any listeners on an album page. 

Hey guys!

Could you get back to me with a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end? I'd like to take a closer look at this.

Thanks!

@Pete

Screenshot from an artist page from my main account, showing a small picture of a listener I'm following: 

http://i.imgur.com/tc9t3H0.png

Screenshot from my side account that follows my main account.(No picture at all):

http://i.imgur.com/ASKPPn8.png

My main account picture appeared just a few weeks ago, but now I can't find it anywhere even though my listening habits have not drastically changed.

One thing though: I have checked off the "Publish my activity on spotify" button for a few months, since I'm using last.fm and don't want people on spotify to see the songs I'm constantly listening to. I've been using last.fm since july and my settings have not changed since then. Either way, I would like to get the full use out of both spotify and last.fm, after all I'm a paying user. 

My top artists on spotify are updating as per normal, though. 

@chlolene do you use last.fm too?

Also, I've noticed a slightly change in which friends who appear as top listeners. Maybe spotify has changed the criterias to appear on the artists page lately? On the other hand, the change I've noticed among my friends may be because more people have the same problem, they just don't have side accounts to help them notice. 

Off topic: I accidentally followed a playlist I didn't mean to follow! heheh oops. Will the playlists' owner get a notification, despite the fact that I unfollowed right away? The "owner" is a band that makes public/professional playlists if that makes a difference.

I am seeing the same thing exactly! I used to see my small picture on my side account within this past month, but it has disappeared for the past several weeks. 

I am also using last.fm! I've recently started using it (less than 30 days days with it).

I have had my activity on, but not all the time. I'm also not connected to my facebook account (if that is relevant).

One of my friends always has her activity turned off and I see her has a top listener on many different artist pages. She does not use last.fm and is connected to her facebook account. 

I haven't seen any friends disappear as top listeners, rather I have seen them added as top listeners to more artists than before. 

Hey there and thanks for your question 🙂

Do not worry. I can help you with this issue.

This feature shows for yourself only your friends/people you follow. If you check with them their account, they will see you as top listener normally. You can't see yourself anymore, but you are still here for other folks.

I hope you will have a nice day.

KInd regards,

Jyrziu

Hehe. We know that, that's why we also had side accounts to check which artists we appeared on. But thanks anyway!

@flowrpower did you reinstall spotify lately? I did and maybe that could have caused it?

@chlolene No, not any other way than how it automatically updates itself when restarted.

Omg, just two days ago you could see anyone's top tracks if you viewed their profile in the web browser, but now that's gone too. 

Suggested posts