Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I turned 29 and the ads are 100% about having a baby

I turned 29 and the ads are 100% about having a baby

I'm a woman, and the 6 months leading up to my 29 birthday the ads on spotify were pampers/other diaper ads about 50% of the time. Now, literally the day after my 29th birthday, every single ad that plays is about how I've "been planning for this day my entire life" and an ad for the hospital I should have my baby in. Let me be clear, I am NOT pregnant, nor am I googling anything about having a baby. I haven't even been to a baby shower in the last year. And, no, I haven't been "planning this day my entire life". I find it offensive that these ads play CONSTANTLY. I have turned off targeted ads etc. in the account settings. How do i get this to stop?? I don't want to be reminded every time i listen to spotify of the pressure of society to play a traditional role as a woman and start a family. I don't mind listening to ads about anything else! Is there an answer aside from upgrading to premium? It doesn't seem fair that I have have upgrade to avoid this. 

4 Replies

Hey @lilynoga!

I'm sorry you don't enjoy your Spotify experience anymore.

I totally understand your arguments, your time on Spotify definitely should not give you any pressure on changing the way you are, or fulfilling a traditional role.

Could you let me know if only such advertisements appear or if there are also ads for other products/topics?

I'd be happy to help.

Felix

I completely agree, the majority of ads I get are about fertility and having children and I'm only 21 its ridiculous. I would probably be way more annoyed if I was a few years older too honestly

This keeps happening to me too, and there seems to be no resolution. As soon as I turned 30, I got nothing but Pampers / Huggies diaper ads back to back with a crying baby, or weirdly enough a McDonald's ad about a baby sleeping in the car at a drive-thru. It's SO weird and off-putting, and actually has the opposite intended effect of me not wanting to pay for Spotify premium, ever. I don't have kids and have no interest in having kids. The targeted demographic stereotype ads really need to stop.

Hey there @badvictrola

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome!

We can report this to the right folks. In order to do this, could you let us know the make, model, exact OS version and the exact Spotify version you're currently running on the device in which you're seeing these ads?

It would also be helpful to have a rough date and time of when you first heard these ads and to know if it was a visual or an audio ad.

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts