Step 1

NEXT STEP

I want to chart

I want to chart

Plan: Premium

Device: Iphone x

Operating System: ios 12.3.1

My Question or Issue: Charting and streams

Hi, what’s the best way to increase the numbers of my stream? I’ve read here that “looping” 1 song or a playlist with “duplicates” or ”looping” a playlist are good ways for streams to count. BUT when I go to SNS (twt) people discourage me to do that because they will count as “spam/bot”.

I just wanna increase the numbers next to the song, can anyone help me?

3 Replies

Hi @whitelambfire ! 
I'll do my best to answer your question. 🙂
Per Spotify's terms and conditions, trying to manipulate/abnormally increase stream count is considered breaking the user agreement - for your own music or anyone else.

If this is your own artist track, I highly recommend checking out the FAQ on "Promotion" over at Spotify For Artists. They give some suggestions for bringing awareness to your songs and engaging followers through authorized means.

I hope this helped and best of luck! 🙂

Thank you. I want to know if looping songs are effective ways to stream to
count to them to charts.

Hi again @whitelambfire 🙂

Likely not - based on Spotify For Artists notes on charts (I copied the section below).

You can play a song on loop as a normal user as much as you want to, but it's likely that the formula for chart numbers are drawn from multiple unique accounts as well as global zones - much like monthly listeners are calculated. (I've included that FAQ at the end too just for reference).
Otherwise, this could easily become an unfair playing field for any artist to become more popular without true fan engagement.

Hope this helped clear things up and have a good one! 🙂

How do you calculate your charts?

The best place to see the latest Spotify Chart figures is at spotifycharts.com. These figures are generated using a formula that protects against any artificial inflation of chart positions.

Note: Due to this formula, you might notice the data here differs from other reported stream numbers we share (e.g. in Spotify for Artists, Spotify Analytics, the desktop app, and other custom usage reports).

Listeners are unique listeners who stream your songs during the time period specified. If someone plays your music multiple times in the displayed time period, they only get counted once.

You can see how many daily listeners you have by hovering over the timeline graph on Audience. The daily listeners stat gives you a detailed look at changes to the number of people listening to your music on Spotify. This number is especially helpful for tracking engagement and listening behavior after a new release.

Monthly listeners are unique listeners who play your music during a 28-day period. This stat updates every day, and appears on both your artist profile on Spotify and right above the timeline graph in the Audience section of Spotify for Artists.

2 important things to clarify about your monthly listeners:

• They’ve listened within a rolling window of 28 days. We use a rolling window of 28 days because the number of days in a calendar month can vary, and because people listen to music differently depending on the day of the week. This means an equal number of days of the week are included—so, the same number of Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc.
  • They are unique listeners. If someone plays your music multiple times in a 28-day period, they only get counted once.

Tracking trends using your monthly listeners timeline can give you a good idea of how your music is performing over longer periods of time, and can also help you understand overall engagement and listening behavior after a new release. For more immediate changes with a higher level of detail, keep an eye on your number of daily listeners.

Suggested posts