Devices / Operating Systems:

-  Nexus 6P / Android 8.0

-  2011 Macbook Pro / macOS 10.12.6 

Android app version: 8.4.4.810 

macOS app version 1.0.56.451.gb2f539fc

Specific Applets giving me issues:

Applet: NFRkZeJu

Applet: zerqWEYB

I'm having issues setting up applets to archive the Release Radar and Discover Weekly playlists.

When I try to set them up I get the error message "We can't access your service" and the select your playlist section is stuck on "loading" and doesn't show any of my playlists. A error message "Spotify seems to be down right now." will appear just below that but I have no problem accessing Spotify anywhere else and the Spotify settings on IFTTT show the connection to be working. 

Anyone else having this issue? Does anyone know of any solutions or what I am doing wrong? 

Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 3.42.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 3.43.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 3.43.27 PM.png
23 Replies

I do have the same problem 😔 What can I do??

I have the same issue and I figured it might be because I have a ü in my username (makes the url to in the account info look weird, %C3%BC in a URL might not be the best thing) which causes so I tried setting up a new account and adding that to ifttt. On that account I do not get any error messages but since I have not listened to anything yet I don´t have any Discovery weekly yet. Will see if it  works once I have used the account for a while.

If the username is the rootcause then I guess I am out of luck because there is currently no way of changing it as far as I know.

I also figured it migh be because of an abundance of playlists because that was casuing issues with the DJAY software earlier.

Anyone else that has any ideas on how to solve this?

I guess there is something wrong with the connection to Spotify from IFTTT.

I deleted my connection to Spotify in IFTTT and tried to activate the applet again after reconnecting to Spotify, but it still didn't work. The message "Spotify seems to be down right now" appeared, while that clearly is not the case, so maybe it is just down for IFTTT.

Would it not be awesome if someone from Spotify actually responded in these forums? It seems that whatever question one posts here it is only ever read by fellow users which is not a bad thing but in cases like these it would be great if someone with a bit more extensive knowledge would share some insight...

I'm also getting the same problem. I went through and deleted all my aplets and installed the ones created by spotify but get the same problem.

I've tried to troubleshoot but this error is reall annoying and stops me from trying anything really. 

I thought it had something to do with strange names, such as "give/take" "Mr.Kitty", maybe the characters cause a problem somewhere. But this error turns up all the times so I can't even properly figure out what is going wrong.

Yup, I am thinking it should not be the user name but I have not found a solution. Even reorganized the playlists thinking it had something to do with the number of lists I have after using the service since its launch. The connection is there but enabling any applet fails. Really disappointed with Spotifys ignorance here in the forums...

Similar problem.  Similar disappointment.  Haven't once asked for Help in five years I've been using Spotify (as paid subscriber for 4 years.)  Too bad they ignore us here in "community."

When is this going to be addressed? Ignoring won't make the problem go away, it'll only make your subscribers go away. Spotify, please address this issue. It has been going on for ages.

After wrestling with the service for an hour, I got it to connect, but still no way of connecting any applets because of the error below.

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 13.24.50.png

Same here. Has anyone found any solutions? I used IFTTT for a wide variety of stuff with Spotify and it's been inactive for months for some unknown reason.

I found the solution: delete/unfollow playlists. Apparently (found in another forum) if you have more than 500 playlists, it won't load. Something with the Spotify API quota. 

I have struggled with this issue as long as the original poster, but fed up with it, I dug deeper and got it fixed today (btw, with no help from IFTTT, all they had was some horrible chat bot)

It would be nice if this fixes it. How can you tell how many playlists you have? I have no idea if I'm over 500 and if so, how many I should delete...

Hm... Well, I will look into it but it seems odd since I do not have 500 playlists 😉

Counted to be sure and as far as I can see I have about 100 lists where 15 are ones that I have created.

Maybe there are some other limits we don´t know about 😞

Not sure how you can see it, but deleting/unfollowing a healthy bunch of playlists (good with some cleaning anyway) and then reloading the IFTTT applet fixed it for me.

I counted.  I have less than 250 playlists.  I deleted a handful and deleted the Spotify applet.  I found I had two such apps.  Deleted both.  Found that there was a version created by Spotify which I installed.  Now get message "Couldn't verify 'which playlist?' with spotify"  IFTTT presents a list of my playlists, so it would seem as tho IFTTT is reading my playlists correctly.  Would that imply that the problem is on Spotify's end?

I contacts Spotify customer support.  (Too bad IFTTT doesn't offer support.)  They couldn't detect anything wrong at their end, but they said they'd be researching further.

If anyone knows of a service like IFTTT that provides direct-to-consumer support, I'd appreciate hearing about it.  I'm not averse to paying for services I appreciate.  I think IFTTT's business model may be a bit off-kilter.

Counted them 😉

Anyway unfollowing a whole bunch and it is still a no go so that raises the question how many do they support? Do they support Playlist folders?

This is such frustrating issue and NO RESPONSE what so ever from an official Spotify employee makes it even worse...

It is frustrating: I had it again yesterday, so I deleted a few more and it worked again (as in: the playlist loaded in the dropdown in the IFTTT applet).

Note:
I am suspecting something has changed in Spotify: when I manually want to copy tracks to a playlist, in the Mac Spotify client, not all playlists show up when I right-click on the track to add to a playlist. After I did the deleting above and restarted the client I saw a few more (and most importantly: the one I wanted to see - it wasn't in any folder btw)

Frustrating to say the least. And since there is no easy way of exporting what lists one is following or ones own playlists there is no possibility to start from scratch so to speak and restore.

Also having to unfollow and delete lists doesn't feel solid at all...

I had the same problem with Google Calendar service and I managed to fix it by doing the following.

1. Go to https://ifttt.com/ and login to your IFTTT account

2. On the Search field, type "Spotify" (or the name of the Service that you have problems with)

Spotify service3. Click the gear icon "Settings" on the upper right corner of the page

Settings4. In the Settings options, click "Edit connection". This is it!

EDIT: In the unlikely case that step 4 doesn't solve the problem, do the same process and istead of "Edit connection", click "Disconnect" and then connect again to the service.

This is supposed to work with any service that shows the message "we can't connect to your service.

Suggested posts