Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Import playlist from ITunes

Import playlist from ITunes

So I subscribe to Premium today to move away from Itunes and although I follow Spotify's instructions on how to "easily" import playlist from Itunes, it does not work. Then I read this has been an issue for over a year now....is this true or am I missing something here?

4 Replies

Hey @marabound, welcome to the Spotify Community!

We’d like to know a bit more about what’s happening. Can you let us know what’s the device, operating system and version of Spotify you’re using? We’ll see what we can suggest.

We’ll be waiting for your answer.

Hello,

My device is a Dell laptop computer with an Intel 64bit processor running Windows 8.1 Pro.

I just subscribed to Spotify Premium a few days ago so would assume the most recent version is what I am using.

Hope this helps...being able to import my playlists from ITunes was a main reason I subscribed to Spotify....I'm quite frustrated to learn that I cannot right now and if permanent, will have to rethink my subscription.

Thank you

Thanks for that info @marabound

Just to check - have you tried following these steps? If so, have you tried adding your songs as local files instead of transfering them from iTunes? 

Keep in mind Spotify supports .mp3, .mp4, and .m4p files. If QuickTime is installed on your computer then .m4a files are also supported. 

Hope to hear back from you soon. 

Hey @marabound!

How are you getting on, is this still happening?

We're here to help if you need us, don't worry 🙂

If we've not heard back in around 24 hours, we'll get this thread closed.

Thanks, and take care

/M

Suggested posts