Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

In Flames - Whoracle won't play in my playlist.

Solved!

In Flames - Whoracle won't play in my playlist.

When I try to play a Whoracle song such as Jotun, Episode 666, & Goliath Disarm Their Davids, I get only about 2 seconds of play, if it plays at all,  before the song just stops & I get this "Can't play the current track." I found that the song can still be listened if I go to the In Flames page but I can't play it in my playlists. I Don't know what Is going on or how to fix this. I made some searches & while I did find some people experiencing similar problems earlier this month, it didn't seem exactly the same. I wasn't able to respond to them either. Which is why I'm making this message.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ahh thank you yess that is what I meant Windows, Mac, Linux. OS= operating system.

Anyway how to clean the spotify app cache file without uninstalling and reinstalling. First log off of the app and shut it down. Go to here C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage (replace USERNAME with your computer's username) delete everything from inside of the storage folder. Now restart the spotify desktop app and log back in does the In Flames album now play correctly?

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hello: Things to check and do to fix this. Where you by chance a permium user and went back to a free account? If so go to preferences upper left under EDIT and scroll down to Playback and uncheck High quality streaming. Log out of your app and relog back in does the release now play correct? If you are still permium then you might have a corrputed cache file. There is a way depending on your system to just delete the cache file of the desktop app and then have the app after logging back in rebuild it again new. What system are you having this issue on?

I always had the free version. Never did I go for premium.

What system are you using?

I don't know what you are asking for. Do you mean what computer I'm using?

Yes what OS are you running, I can provide some information to remove the system cache from a windows 7 or 8 system so the desktop app can rebuild it and see if the release of that In Flames album will play correctly now.

I don't know what an OS is. Are you asking for which version of Windows I use? I think it's Windows 7.

Marked as solution

Ahh thank you yess that is what I meant Windows, Mac, Linux. OS= operating system.

Anyway how to clean the spotify app cache file without uninstalling and reinstalling. First log off of the app and shut it down. Go to here C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage (replace USERNAME with your computer's username) delete everything from inside of the storage folder. Now restart the spotify desktop app and log back in does the In Flames album now play correctly?

Suggested posts