Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Inappropriate Ads

Inappropriate Ads

cmstiff

I have no clue where else this could be posted.  My husband and I are devote Christians.  We go to bed each night with Christian music playing.  I do not mind the ads because they don't last long and I'm usually asleep.  These last two days as I was listening before I fell asleep I noticed that the ads on the Christian "stations" had cursing in it.  If this does not get corrected I will be getting rid of Spotify and going back to Pandora.  Pandora does not have this issue.

4 Replies

Re: Inappropriate Ads

Josh
Community Legend

Hello!

Sorry about this :/ There is no current way to filter ads by what you are listening to (unless you subscribe to premium and have no ads at all), but you can add your Kudos to this idea here and hopefully it will be considered soon. 

Hope this helped :)

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

awmarker

Okay, I'm not a fan of Christian music but I understand where this original user is coming from with this comment. I understand some music has inappropriate langauge in it but it's probably not a great idea to include that particular music, and those lyrics, in advertisements that might get general broadcast. Some of the lyrics I heard on an ad today included dropping the F bomb. Definitely not appropriate if I'm listening in the house with kids around. 

Rather than getting me to subscribe, this kind of insensitivity to user segmentation makes me want to drop the service and opt for one that exercises a bit more business savvy. 

ReclusiveDork

One more type of inappropriate ad I've often run into are Trojan Condoms.

I DO NOT need my music player to rub it in my face that I'm a Virgin, Dangit!

Highlighted

Drewandcrew

Totaly agree!  I started thinking "Spotify, why not?"  But as a Children's Pastor who was hoping to have a better selction of music than other formats, has these stupid ads that should be filted out on G rated stations.  How can they not see this a problem?

SUGGESTED POSTS