Free/Premium

Country

Australia

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

As a recovering alcoholic I really F***ING  object to one of the adverts played for a booze retailer which basically consists of some lady shouting a list of drinks, with not even a small warning to allow a skip.

It makes me want to stick my fist through the f***ing screen and go neck a large vodka. Thanks a-**bleep**ing-lot.

I understand Spotify wants to paid by both advertiser and consumer, but I think your should be slightly more discerning in what you allow to be used as adverts. 

3 Replies

Hey @CHANNELZERO 

Thank you for the report. Could you let me know the name of the ad or describe what it was about? Could you also let me know a rough time/date you heard/saw it, the device you were using, and the version of Spotify you’re running? I’ll pass your feedback on. 🙂

There's also this Ad Filter idea you can vote for if it's something you'd like to see on Spotify.

Looking forward to your reply 🙂

Have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Sebasty,

I am running 1.1.31.703.g256add22 on a PC.

I cannot say what time the ads happen, it just pops up along with the rest.

Can't say I've paid attention to the particular company the ad is for either, as I've scrambled to shut it off, digging through open application windows / tabs  to get to it before the (annoying anyway) woman's voice keeps going on listing drinks. 

I'm in Australia, if that helps.   

I'd be thankful for an ad filter.

I'm not some sort of moralistic prude, but would like to be able to have some minor ability to avoid stuff which triggers (I hate that term) my previous unhealthy addictions. 

Hey @CHANNELZERO,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community and your reply to @Sebasty's post.

If, by any chance, you come across this particular advertisement again, please write down the product's name and get back to us. We'll report it immediately.

In the meantime, make sure to add your +VOTE and subscribe to the Idea that @Sebasty suggested to stay up-to-date with its developments. You're also welcome to add your feedback there. If you'd like to know more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, it'd be great to take a look at this article.

Hope you'll find this useful. You'll find us here if there's anything else we can help with. 

Have a nice (and a safe) day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts