Is Spotify really dropping Squeezebox support?

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Is Spotify really dropping Squeezebox support?

Regular
Thank you for clarifying that. You may note that this is the same link as the original post in this thread.

Can you advise how exactly the Spotify experience is being improved for those users who were disappointed to receive one week's notice of withdrawal of support? Disenfranchising your customers doesn't seem to be a great way of improving experience.
Highlighted

Regular
Thank you for clarifying that. You may note that this is the same link as the original post in this thread.

Can you advise how exactly the Spotify experience is being improved for those users who were disappointed to receive one week's notice of withdrawal of support? Disenfranchising your customers doesn't seem to be a great way of improving experience.
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Thre is an easy workaround available from a squeezebox developer, 3rd part app called spotty - works great

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107615-Announce-Spotty-v1-1-0

Highlighted

Casual Listener

but the Logitech UE Smart Radio was still supported, until Spotify dropped its support!

Highlighted
Solution!

Casual Listener

True, and I certainly applaud the external community for keeping it going.  However, even as a reasonably computer-savvy person, I looked at that thread, look at my Synology NAS, then look at the support for Deezer and simply take the easy way out.  See you later, Spotify.  Music streaming services are interchangeable.  This seems to be  something Spotify doesn't realise.  If Spotify drops support of my Squeezebox devices, then I prefer to subscribe to Deezer than jump through hoops to get Spotty working on my NAS.  No hard feelings, but my 20 bucks a month goes elsewhere now.  They won't miss me, I won't miss them.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Ive used spotify premium on squeezebox for a long time now but can no longer support a service that does not support me. I have switched to deezer and after getting use to it I am very happy with deezer. I even think that there streaming quality is consistently better than spotify so I dont think I would ever go back to spotify even if they change their mind. Deezer rules.

Music Fan

A very bad decision.

Highlighted

Regular
On a brand new Raspberry Pi 3 I installed Raspbian Jessie Lite (downloaded from https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/) and then installed the following packages as user root (or use sudo if you prefer):

apt-get install -y libsox-fmt-all libflac-dev libfaad2 libmad0
(downloaded LMS 7.9 deb package from http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.9)
dpkg -i logitechmediaserver_all.deb
chown -R squeezeboxserver:nogroup /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/

Then I just had to install one Perl library (IO-Socket-SSL) that wasn't there by default, to make Spotty happy:
apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl
(it installs a couple of dependencies, libio-socket-ssl-perl and libnet-libidn-perl )

And that was it - LMS and Spotty all works wonderfully.
Highlighted

Spotty working fine thanks to Michael Herger.

Highlighted
Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable

2 Prenium Subscriptions that will not be renewed

Bye Bye Spotify

My annoncement for today and future

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS