Announcements

Is Spotify really dropping Squeezebox support?

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Is Spotify really dropping Squeezebox support?

Regular

So Spotty seems to be working, so I am OK for now. If you were annoyed/angered like I was, go install the Spotty add in in LMS and it should be good to go. 

Highlighted

Music Fan

Bottom line... Logitech killed SB not Spotify. Had Logitech supported the device, they could have updated the Spotify app on the SB. I will not address the other ranting. 

Highlighted

Regular
July 21st and Spotify's website reliably informs me that I can use my Logitech Squeezebox a day after they stopped supporting it.

Unconscious or conscious incompetence?
Highlighted

Casual Listener
My Squeezebox has since yesterday no longer access to Spotify, so sadly the
support stopped as announced.
Highlighted

Regular

Ah, you mean a plugin named Spotty!  (I thought it was a typo at first but I've just found it.)  I've installed and enabled Spotty but now I am seeing this:

There has been a problem running the Spotty helper application. Most likely your operating system and/or platform is not supported. Please report the following details to me:

Operating system: Debian / armv7l-linux

Helper Applications Folder:
Information is not avaialable. Please update Logitech Media Server to 7.7.6 or more recent.
ldd (Debian EGLIBC 2.13-38+rpi2+deb7u11) 2.13

I guess I will need to contact Michael Herger if I can't get it to work on my Raspberry Pi running Raspbian.

I'm hoping I just need to add this Perl module:

Spotty requires the Perl module IO::Socket::SSL. You can NOT use Spotty without this module. Please use your operating system's package manager to install it.

Well, I've installed Net-SSLeay and IO-Socket-SSL but still no joy, so it must be that my OS isn't supported, as per the message above. Here's hoping Michael can help me - I've emailed him.

Update: I got is working on Ubuntu 16.04 on my RPi 3. See https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/issues/154 for my workaround/solution.

Highlighted

Hi.. after messing about trying to run Spotify plug in on SBS I gave up.. all looked good but wouldn't play.. message popped up saying 'other device has restarted'.. so sadly I've cancelled my family subscription and loaded Deezer... it seems to work fine but I'll miss my playlists and sharing those of friends..
Highlighted

Spotify Legend

Hello everyone. As we look to improve the overall Spotify experience, we can confirm we are removing the app's integration from Squeezebox. There's more info here.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

What a nasty surprise - coming back from holidays. What a horrible trick you are playing on squeezebox owners, spotify!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Improve, improve??? I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Cry and switch to Deezer or Tidal .

Highlighted

Why can't Spotify have backward compability for the benefit of the customers?

If you can't use serveral device it will be a lot of customers that talk about Spotify in a not so nice manner. Why pay for Spotify Premium?

Spotify will loose good will and money

SUGGESTED POSTS