Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is Spotify really missing lyrics?

Is Spotify really missing lyrics?

I'm shopping around for a streaming music service. I've signed up for a few accounts and will cancel all but my favority.

So far, Spotify Premium is the front runner. But I can't find an easy way to read lyrics on the iPhone version or the Mac desktop version. I see a bunch of posts (some of which are over a year old) discussing lyrics, but nothing is clear.

Am I just missing something? Or is this just something that Spotify doesn't do?

4 Replies

Spotify have lyrics but not all songs have them. If you have observed, the full lyrics is not displayed because there are trivias inserted. Not sure if this is the answer you are looking for, but yeah, I hope this helped you in a way 🙂

Boy. I appreciate your reply, but it doesn't really clairify things for me.

I've seen a *couple* of songs where they're putting up little slides about why the artist wrote the song or something. But that's a pretty far cry from what other streaming services offer ... the full text of lyrics for all (or most) songs.

I mean, if Spotify doesn't have it, that's fine. But I'm not looking for a workaround and I'm not looking for a "better than" service. All I want is to be able to read lyrics.

But--again--thanks for answering, justinewin_.

Yep, that's exactly what is happening right now. Haha sorry if I was confusing you too. What I normally do is just open up my browser and type the [title of the song] + lyrics haha 😛

The lyric feature was a great service,it made the music much more intimate as you could sing along with the artists performance,I recently re -aquanted myself with spotify and found it lacking in only this aspect,I hope it may only be a tempary loss to this great way of experiencing the wonders of music from all over the world.beautiful,beautiful music.

Suggested posts