Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is it possible? Spotify Radio and my AVR

Is it possible? Spotify Radio and my AVR

I am trying to get Spotify Radio to output to my TV and AVR.  Currently, mny Samsung TV model does not suport the Spotify app and my Roku 3 does not offer the Radio feature within the Spotify app.  I was hopeful that I can somehow use my WIndows 8 PC or any of my Android devices to tie into the AVR while streaming Spotify.  I can connect an Android device to my TV using a mini HDMI cable so that video is displayed on the TV and then I can connect a 3 mm audio jack to the AVR but there is too many wires for my liking and I would also have to supply power to the Android device.  I am looking for a neat, clean way to output Spotify's Radio feature to my AVR and I am not having too much luck.  I was hopeful that the Roku 3 could be the answer, but unfortunately, that is not the case.  Does anyone make any sort of product such as an AVR or some soert of accessory that will work for me?  Thanks....

1 Reply

@Rakerley25 wrote:

I am trying to get Spotify Radio to output to my TV and AVR.  Currently, mny Samsung TV model does not suport the Spotify app and my Roku 3 does not offer the Radio feature within the Spotify app.  I was hopeful that I can somehow use my WIndows 8 PC or any of my Android devices to tie into the AVR while streaming Spotify.  I can connect an Android device to my TV using a mini HDMI cable so that video is displayed on the TV and then I can connect a 3 mm audio jack to the AVR but there is too many wires for my liking and I would also have to supply power to the Android device.  I am looking for a neat, clean way to output Spotify's Radio feature to my AVR and I am not having too much luck.  I was hopeful that the Roku 3 could be the answer, but unfortunately, that is not the case.  Does anyone make any sort of product such as an AVR or some soert of accessory that will work for me?  Thanks....

Can you not just wire your Windows 8 PC directly to the TV using HDMI or audio out/in (3.5mm)? 

Its tricky since Spotify don't really support such things without apps (which don't support radio!)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts